85

Saturday: 8:55 P.M.
----------------------------------

I feel much more revived now that I've showered. 

It felt like I hadn't bathed in over a week when it had only been a couple of hours since.

A sigh leaves my lips as I continue to rub the last of the moisturizing cream onto my freshly-shaven leg.

The lid to the lotion bottle closes with a soft snap, and I stand and walk over to the dresser to put it back in its original place.

As I place it down, the wooden tray that's nearby, filled with all types of food, catches my attention.

A smile graces my lips as I look at what's there. Lucas must've ordered in. A so long mi stay inna the bathroom?

Of all that's on the platter, I pick up a container filled with an assortment of fruits and pull a fork from the neatly napkin-wrapped set of utensils that's also there.

This big head bwoy swear mi craven than anybody else eno. Why him get so much food? Mi one can nyam this?

Scoffing beneath my breath, I shake my head and roll my eyes, but I can still feel the heat in my cheeks.

Watch mi and him...

Since I didn't see him when I came out of the bathroom, I make my way through the door with the intention to go find him, downstairs.

As I'm about to go down the stairs though, talking, on the other side of a slightly ajar door, stops me in my tracks. I turn on my heels and head there instead, stomping extra loudly so that he can hear me coming...in case he's discussing anything I shouldn't hear.

"Luke?" I also call out just to make sure.

"I'm in here," his voice comes.

OK.

"Hey," I say as I reach the doorway and push the door open a bit wider.

At the sound of my voice, Lucas closes his laptop and swivels around to face me. His eyes briefly and quickly scan my body, presumably taking note of his white dress shirt I'm wearing, before flicking back to my face. He scratches his beard and then says, "Hey."

I smile, leaning against the doorframe to what I've realized is his office. In all the months we've been together, it's my first time setting foot this far inside this room. "You OK?"

He reclines in his seat, folding his hands behind his head. His tattoos are on full display courtesy of the soso white marina he's wearing which barely covers his muscular chest. Lawks...watch him a show off him bird chest. Mussi think him deh pon runway.

"Mi gov. man. You?"

Could be better...

Wid yuh cocky inna me...

Clearing my throat, and without a word, I nod and shuffle on my feet. Jesus Christ, gyal! Mek yuh so terrible?

Lucas chuckles.

Wha yawh laugh 'bout, sir?

My eyes bulge. "Wait, mi did say that out loud?"

Lucas smirks. "Say what?"

Alright, no worry yuhself then.

"Nothing." Trying not to blush, I focus my attention on opening the fruit bowl I have in my hand. I'm surprisingly not as hungry as I was earlier.

I guess when trouble catch yuh, pickney shirt fit yuh fi true...and full yuh belly too.

Speaking of...