61

Friday: 4:15 P. M.
-------------------

"Chicken or curry gravy?"

At the sound of the server's voice, I look up from where I've been staring at the unread messages I've sent to Lucas since Sunday.

"Curry, please," I say, looking at her with a sombre expression. "Thanks."

Finally.

I've been sitting in front of the little restaurant next to the Food Court in Pavilion Mall for about 8 minutes now waiting for them to reach my order.

I'm hungry.

Starving at this point.

Mi nuh used to this...

Worse, it come like mi extra hungry today!

I definitely would've eaten already, on a regular day, but because of issues with the electricity --thanks to a car accident which damaged the poles near the office, and the generator which decided it didn't feel like working today, thank God --we were let off early. So here I am, having lunch way past my usual lunch time.

Not that I mind too much. I'm just glad I don't have to be at the office. It has been a rough week for me, personally, and my mood hid nothing.

"Mi can hold tha seat yah, pretty girl?" a gruff voice says to me.

Looking up at the man towering above my seated frame, I nod, moving my handbag closer to me as he comes to sit in the empty seat beside me.

As soon as his bottom touches the seat, he pulls out his phone and burries his head in it.

I look back at the line, which isn't as long as it was when I first got here, and sigh.

If there's one thing I'm happy about, it is that the place isn't packed; I guess being that it isn't peak hours yet, as I don't know for how much longer I can bear this hunger.

No sah, when yuh see not even the likkle Tiggaz couldn't help yuh must know. The poor Tiggaz come like it lost inna a blackhole to rawtid.

It feels like I haven't eaten in days. Well, technically, I haven't eaten much, but that's besides the point.

I've come to realize that my appetite demishes significantly when I'm stressed.

"On the rice?" the server's squeaky voice comes again.

Her voice does not match her face one bit. She's mature in body, and looks to be likewise in age, but her voice sounds like a twelve-year-old virgin.

I look at her once more. "No, to the side."

She nods, shaking the closed Styrofoam box in her hand.

I hate having my gravy spread all over my rice. For some reason it gives off 'dog food' vibes. Too wetty wetty and crawny, man. I much rather have it placed to the side so that I can easily mix the portion of gravy to rice as I like.

My eyes scan the chat again, and I sigh, chewing on my bottom lip.

Lucas Senior.

When yuh ago stop playing mind games?

Still, my fingers are itching to text him, despite the ten unread messages laughing in my face.

I sigh again, seriously contemplating what to do.

Should I?

Or should I not?

I can't decide.

A part of me is telling me to follow Tia's advice and give him his space, but the next part of me is fed up with the whole situation.