44

LUCAS P. O. V.
_________________

Wednesday: 8:15 A. M.
-----------------

When I get back to the room, Amanda is still fast asleep. I stand over her sleeping form, watching her for a while. Admiring how peaceful she looks right now, compared to last night.

It was frightening seeing her like that, to be honest. Especially when I knew there was nothing I could do.

I felt weak and defenseless. Of course, I hated that shit.

Thinking about her being hurt really made it clear how much I feel for her though.

I won't deny it.

The feeling has been manifesting since the day I deliberately ran my trolley into hers at the supermarket.

Every time I think about her reaction, I can't help but laugh to myself.

She must've thought I was the biggest pussyhole on planet earth that day.

I chuckle at the thought.

My eyes catch the time on my watch. It's almost 8:30. I'll be late if I don't leave soon.

I wish I didn't have to leave.

But a shipment is being brought in today, and I have to be there to check stock and sign off. Crystal is out sick, so Liv will need all the help she can get.

Especially with all the heavy lifting.

Then there's the meeting with Mr. Hyatt in the afternoon.

A resigned sigh escapes my lips, as I sit  on the bed beside Amanda's sleeping form.

I really don't want to wake her up, but I know I'll only feel better if she drinks this.

And do so while it's still hot.

"Hey," I say, nudging her body.

"Amanda!" I whisper her name softly when she doesn't even stir.

"Baby girl," I call her again.

She turns over this time and groans.

After rubbing her eyes and looking momentarily disoriented, she sits up in bed and yawns. 

Even her morning face is beautiful. She's so effortlessly sexy it should be a crime.

Yo! Hear the man star!

The fuck am I saying?

Don't bother change yuh tune now!

Tek yuh lashings.

'Cause pussy soon mad yuh rass...

"Hey." I hand her the cup of hot tea. The steam rises from the container and disappears into thin air. "Drink this."

"It's morning already?" she asks, looking towards the window, ignoring the cup I'm currently holding in my outstretched hand.

The light peeking through is faint. I'd made sure the blinds were drawn since I know how badly the sudden brightness can affect someone with a raging headache.

I smile at her. "Yes. Now drink this please."

At the rate she's going, the tea is about to go cold before she even takes a sip.

Plus make me extremely late.

I honestly don't know how people with young children do this. Trust mi dem good. Patience mussi did dash weh inna them mother breast milk to rass.