66

Friday: 6:30 P. M.
----------------------------

Finding it unbearably difficult to ignore the ache between my legs, I pause the video I'm watching on my phone and reach for the box underneath my bed.

I stare at the pink toy in my hand for a few seconds--a gift from Sanai given to me the moment she heard about my breakup with Lucas --before reaching for the wet wipes on the dresser and wiping its surface clean.

Sitting back in my original position on the bed, I draw the blackout curtains to set the mood and hit resume on the porno I'd been watching.

I'm so horny I can hardly think straight.

My hand slowly moves across my aching clit, through the thin shorts I'm wearing, sending an intense sensation to my core. Closing my eyes, I slowly rotate my hips, imagining my hand being Lucas's.

"Fuck!" I moan just as the girl in the video does too.

Oh how I wished I were in her place right now.

My eyes open, and I look at the pink Rabbit again.

This will have to do.

Too bad.

With a click, the device comes to life with a low hum.

I remove my shorts. Then attempt to take my panties with it, when I'm interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

Seriously?

Ever heard of bad timing?

A frustrated sigh leaves my lips as I place the pink device on the bed and stand.

Not bothering to put my shorts back on, I instead wrap a towel around my body and head towards the door.

The doorbell goes off again, and I hiss my teeth beneath my breath.

"Hold on!" I say.

Geesh!

When I open the door, the sight before me makes my mouth drop.

"Lucas?"

He looks at me then shakes his head and chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, still unable to conceal the shock.

He quirks a brow. "Heard you were sick. But you look fine to me."

Jesus.

"Who told you that?"

"Your friend."

Which friend that?

"Deidre."

I blush, realizing I've spoken aloud. I need to control that.

My mind registers what he'd just said.

Deidre?

That little--

"Here," he says, cutting my thought short.

At his words, I look down at his outstretched hand and realize he's holding a bag of what looks like groceries.

I reach out and take it from his hand.

When my skin brushes against his, it sends a shock wave from the pit of my core into my belly.

Seeing him standing here in his bearded, sexy-body-dressed-in-all-black, brooding glory, makes me realize how much I've missed him.

A feeling I can't quite describe washes over me.

Ignoring the feeling, I step aside, holding the door steady.