37

Sunday: 2:00 P. M.
-----------------------

Peaceful.

That's one way to describe the way I feel laying on the couch, wrapped tightly in this man's arms.

With my face buried in the crook of his neck, I breathe in his scent.

Even his skin is coated with the scent of his cologne.

Lucas, with his arms wrapped around my lower back, gently massages my bare skin with his left hand, while his other hand moves up and down the indent of my spine.

We're enveloped in a cocoon of naked flesh against flesh which feels natural.

We spend a few more minutes in comfortable semi-silence, with him humming softly in my ear, and me relishing the feel of his skin on mine, and the feel of his steady heartbeat pulsating against my cheek.

Peaceful.

That's exactly it.

It has been a while since I've felt so calm. Felt so...'at home'.

An involuntary smile graces my lips and I close my eyes, reminiscing on the past weekend.

From the partying, to the sex, to being whined and dined; or the reverse of that order.

It has been simply perfect.

I still can't believe Lucas had done that with the whole brunch date and thing, earlier though.

Who would've pegged him as the romantic type?

There's so much I feel like I still don't know about him...

Like, is he like this with every girl?

What goes through his mind when he does these things?

Is it that he knows he'll land in bed with the girl, or is it just out of good courtesy?

"So Mr. Romantic, do you always do stuff like this?" I voice my thoughts, stroking his beard with my right hand. "Is this like your thing?"

I feel him shuffle beneath me and frown at the slight disruption. He cranes his neck to look down at me. "Is what my thing?"

I pout. "Romancing women just to get some crotches..."

I don't know why I felt the need to ask that, but it somehow just slipped out of my mouth.

For some reason it sounded different in my head.

My heart flutters in anticipation of his response.

He clicks his tongue. "Hmm...interesting to hear that that's how you think of me," he says, his tone holding a hint of malice. He pauses for a few seconds then adds, "Since I got it the first time without even trying, right?"

Yuh serious?

I ease out of his hold, propping my body up by my elbows. "Oh. My. Gosh. Mrrrr. You seriously just called me a slut in ten words."

To say my mouth is hanging to the floor would be an understatement of great magnitudes.

I try to play off the hurt with a small chuckle but fail miserably.

You just know how to put your foot in it...don't it, Manda!

Like yuh enjoy hurting yourself.

But, when you think about it, it's the truth. He's speaking facts.

You did give it up easy. Too easy.