53

Saturday: 3:30 P. M.
--------------------

Just as I reach in the lobby, loud talking draws my attention to the group of men, in fancy suits, exiting the conference room.

I stop in my tracks and watch them.

Among them, in the middle, is the sexiest one of all, dressed in a dark blue tuxedo that's tailored to fit him like a second skin.

To his extreme right is another tall guy in a full black suit, that complements his dark skin, while on his left: another guy, not quite as tall but equally well-dressed and of a fairer complexion, is talking animatedly while they all walk ahead of another group of men.

My eyes look past them to the woman walking beside him, to his immediate right; stuck onto him like a freaking parasite.

She's almost as tall as them, but her femininity makes her stand out.

She's talking, but Lucas's eyes are zeroed-in on something in his phone.

While the guy to the left laughs at whatever she's saying.

My heart speeds up at the sight.

Why the fuck Lucas have this gyal a hitch hitch up pon him so?

Seriously?

Just as the thought crosses my mind, Lucas looks up from his phone and looks directly at me.

From where I stand, I see his face light up and he turns to say something to the men, who nod, before walking over to me.

I don't know why, but I feel nervous seeing him.

I smile, willing my heartbeat to calm down. It's currently drumming in my ears.

"Hey," he says, when he reaches where I am. He pulls me closer to him so that he can hug me properly.

"Hey," I answer, immediately feeling better now that I'm in his arms.

He hugs me tighter, and I marvel at the smell of his cologne which is as strong as ever. Taking a deep breath, I register his scent. Even after hours of being in a meeting, he still smells brand new.

"Wah yuh up to?" he asks, pulling away from me slightly so that he can look into my face.

I smile up at him. "I was just going back to the room, after being outside the whole morning. I'm hungry now."

He chuckles and the sound rumbles. "What were you doing outside?"

"Nothing really. Just sitting by the pool and enjoying the sun. Then I stopped to take some pics a while ago," I tell him. "But the sun too hot yawh man and mi a get hungry."

Yuh ever hungry.

So...? Food make fi eat.

He laughs at my expense. "Yuh ever hungry."

"Watchya!" I say, finding it hard to conceal the surprise in my tone. It's like he read my mind. "Sir, nuh badda with it."

Lucas laughs harder.

And the fact that I'm blushing like crazy makes it worse.

"Yuh terrible eno!" I say, finding myself laughing too.

I hiss my teeth.

"So it go. Nothing nuh wrong. You're a growing girl, with a growing appetite."

I hiss my teeth again. Much louder this time.

When he finally stops laughing like a fool, I ask, "So, how was the meeting?"

Anything to take the attention off of me.