63

Sunday: 3:30 P. M.
------------------------

It has been exactly two days, fifteen hours, and thirty minutes since I've last heard from Lucas...and I'm about to lose my mind with overthinking.

Since I saw the picture on Friday, I haven't been myself. Especially after waking up to a pounding headache and being only half able to recall exactly what happened that night.

I vaguely remember getting mad drunk and going to sleep, only to wake up the next morning feeling like a truck had ran me over a dozen times. I try replaying the other events, in my head, but everything else seem nothing but a blur.

I slept all of yesterday, and up to a few hours ago when it suddenly dawned on me that it has been a couple days since I've heard anything from my boyfriend.

Despite several calls and a bunch of messages, which all sit unread in his chat, since Friday.

Hence the reason I'm standing here right now.

I'd promised myself that I wouldn't stress it, but here I am knocking on his door with fury in my eyes and my heart heavy with frustration.

I knock again when it takes him more than five minutes to answer the door.

I know he's in there because Ms. Lorna told me, when I called, that he has been back on the island since Friday.

Yet, he hasn't called or texted me not once.

Nor, has he been answering my calls.

Like seriously?

The sound of my fist rapping against the oak door echoes around me.

Out of frustration, I try his number again, but it only rings straight to voicemail.

Still.

Bombopussyrassclaat, man!

Inhaling a deep breath, I try to calm my nerves.

Maybe he's sleeping...

I don't want to get too worked up and start a fuss too soon.

But, that's easier said than done.

I sigh, looking around, but feel relieved when I notice that the security guard is nowhere in sight.

This reminds me of that day I got the pic of him and Ashley in the club and popped up here just like I am now.

I'd promised myself, after the fact, that it wouldn't happen again, yet here I am. Once again.

Because wah? Mi just can't help miself when it comes to this man.

I sigh again.

One man can tormented so?

I rattle the lock a few times, hissing my teeth below my breath. Mi will kick off this rass yah eno! Oh! To think I have a key...but I don't want to overstep my bounds.

Especially since he's been avoiding me...again!

So, right know, I don't even know where I stand.

And, I'm sick and tired of it.

Trust mi.

After another minute or two, the door swings open, revealing the dashing stud of a man glaring at me with murder in his eyes.

"Amanda," he says, and the gruffness of his voice sends the heat blazing in my cheeks.

Clearing my throat and composing my stance, I say, "Really, Lucas? It took me showing up here like this to finally hear from you?"