55

Sunday: 3:10 P. M.
-------------------

The stark change in temperature is enough to tell me we're back in Kingston.

The sun's heat penetrates the windshield and pelts my skin. Groaning, I open my eyes and reach out my almost completely numb hand to pull the visor down.

The pain which shoots through my limb makes me internally wince. I must have slept on it uncomfortably for too long.

The visor doesn't help as much as I'd hoped.

Hissing beneath my breath, I sink back into the seat and frown.

Lucas must have gotten the gist since, almost immediately, the windows roll up and the AC comes on.

Thank you!

With a smile playing on my lips, I look over at him. He looks tense, and the vice-like grip he has on the steering wheel makes my heart leap.

My smile drops.

"Are you OK?" I ask, shifting in the leather seat and rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. My eyes are burning slightly and my voice sounds a bit gravelly.

I don't even know when I'd fallen asleep, but man was I glad for the little two-hours nap. My body needed it. For someone who slept just hours before leaving Mobay, my body felt like it had gone months without rest.

With all that fucking and hardly enough sleep, what did you expect?

I still feel sleepy too. But I'm afraid to go back to sleep, having just woken up from the worst and most confusing dream ever. I don't remember much about it, but I recall distinctly that Lucas and I were having sex while Ashley watched, and I got mad and beat her ass. Then we were trying to escape and a car was driving us down and Lucas was talking to someone about finding the car and killing the driver.

Then, we ended up in an unknown place where we saw the car again, and the driver turned out to be D'vante. And some other shit, that I can't remember clearly, happened...and then I woke up.

I sigh. I don't even fucking know what the hell that was. The dream was all over the place and felt like a jumbled mess.

But it all felt so real though.

Fi real.

I don't know if the universe is trying to tell me something, but whatever it is, I don't think I want to hear it.

Especially if it'll go according to that dream.

Not when it involves the possibility of Lucas killing someone.

How did it even get to that, anyway?

I have no clue.

But, they do say dreams don't walk straight.

And this one is as lean as they come.

What if it's a vision though, and not a dream?

Stop.

I don't even want to think about it.

Just the thought sends my mind into overdrive, and makes my body shudder.

Particularly the part where Lucas was going on and on about killing the guy——who apparently is D'vante?

How did D'vante even drop into this?

Maybe your guilty conscience is infiltrating your dreams...

That doesn't make sense. What do I have to feel guilty about?