ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

Snape guided us into his classroom. It was dark and eerie with no light.

I was still grabbing at my arm in pain.

Draco kept trying to help me but I pushed him away every time he did.

"Your parents made a decision earlier. You two are now the youngest followers of Voldemort. You will be given tasks. If you are unable to fulfill these tasks, you will be killed." Snape said.

Draco and I both seemed to slightly gasp in fear.

"But lucky for the both of you, I will provide protection over you, if you cannot do a task." he explains.

Draco and I nod.

"I hope you know that you will have to work together. Look out for each other. This is serious business." Snape says.

His expression was fixed on us, looking at us like we were no where near mature enough for this.

"Yes sir." I say back.

Draco nods in agreement.

"Miss Holcombe, can you take care of Mr. Malfoy's wound?" Snape asked me, pointing towards Draco's forearm, "No magic though."

Although I wanted to aggressively shake my head no, I had to agree, "Yes." I say.

"Goodnight." Snape dismisses us.

I head back to my dorm with Draco.

"This is bullshit. Why are we getting wrapped up in our parents problems." Draco says.

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's stupid. And by the way, you're lucky i'm even doing this for you."

"I know." he mumbled.

We walked the rest of the way without speaking to each other.

Once we arrived at my dorm, he sat down on my bed and I grabbed a wet rag from my bathroom.

I sat with him, rolled up his sleeve and looked at his scratched up forearm.

I frowned when I saw all the blood. The scratches are so deep.

There was one that looked like he had been cut with a knife. It was longer than the mark itself.

"Why did you do this?" I ask while wiping off any dry blood I saw.

He hesitated for a moment, "I hate looking at it. I prayed my entire life that I wouldn't turn into my father. And now that I have this, it makes everything worse." he says.

"Unfortunately for the both of us, this is what we have to live with now." I say.

He shifted on my bed, "I appreciate you."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What?"

"I appreciate you." he repeated.

I shook my head, "Sucking up to me isn't gonna make me like you any better."

I wiped the last of the blood off his arm, and went to grabbed some bandages behind me.

This moment seemed like deja vu.

I quickly realized that I wrapped his arm once before, after him and Tom fought in the bathroom.

"You didn't act like that when you laid one on me tonight." he said almost looking up at me innocently.

I sighed, "I told you. I made I mistake."

He didn't respond after that.

I wrapped the bandage around Draco's arm, and hoped it would heal soon.

"We should probably get a train home. I feel the need to speak to our parents." Although trying to prove a point, Draco's face remains calm and relaxed.

I nod.

I really don't want to spend that much time with Draco. But I think it's crucial that we go home together. Considering that fact that there was just a decision made that will change our lives forever.

Whether we like it or not.

"Please don't scratch or cut yourself again." I plead.

He chokes on a laugh, like it wasn't supposed to come out in the first place.

"I won't." he says.

He gets up and walks towards the door, he grabs the handle and I force out one last thing.

"And also- don't take my kiss the wrong way. I beg you. I seriously didn't mean to."

He frowned, "Okay."

Then he was gone.

I buried my face in my palms.

I beg for answers. What is happening...

My whole life has been transformed in the span of two weeks.

The horrible mistake I made won't be brought up to Cedric. I hoped Draco wouldn't say anything though.

Draco didn't stop me, he kissed back. So really, both of us made mistakes.

I cursed silently and went straight to bed.