ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 112

Savanna Holcombe:

"C'mon! We need to go before you get hurt too!" Draco yells.

The tears stream down my face. "We can't just leave her here!"

Draco tugs on my hand, urging me to hurry. The chaos has started again, and unfortunately that means more innocent lives being lost. That breaks my heart, even if one of those lives is Pansy's.

He eventually tugs on me so hard that i'm forced to stand up and run with him.

"I'm sorry Pansy! I'm sorry!!" I manage to say.

All the students are out from there dorms. Some doors are open, and when you glance inside the sight isn't pretty.

We run past the great hall and we smack into a woman. This woman laughs, and when we look up, we notice it's Bellatrix.

She takes mine and Draco's hand and quickly we're back to our dorm. I hate teleportation.

She's still laughing that evil laugh.

She grabs onto my wrist and flicks Draco away with her empty hand. He stumbles back until he hits the wall.

Bellatrix wipes my wet cheek off with her thumb. "Why do you cry for her, when she treated you so horribly?"

I shake my head, refusing to answer her question.

Draco slaps her arms down away from my face. "You leave us alone."

"Stay calm, Draco. Only asking her a question."

"She didn't deserve that. What did she ever do to you?!" I ask.

Bellatrix laughs again. "She really is a catch Draco. So considerate she is. Feeling bad for those who did her wrong."

"Leave her alone." Draco demands.

"I can get the Dark Lord instead?" she questions.

Draco shakes his head. "No. Anyone but him."

Bellatrix turns her attention back to me. "Are you alright Savanna? You look flushed."

"I'm fine."

Draco pulls me to him and holds my head against his chest.

I love Draco, so much. But sometimes he makes me feel like a little girl who needs to be protected all the time. I wish I could look more independent, because I really don't need any guy to make me seem less powerful.

Bellatrix smiles. "The Dark Lord is back, and I must go. Run while you still can." she laughs before disappearing.

I push off Draco's chest and head for the door. He follows me as I walk through the hallway. "We have to take this seriously, Draco. We can't run. We have to fight."

"But, what if-"

I cut him off. "What if we get ourselves killed? I'd rather die while putting up a fight than die hiding because i'm afraid."

He doesn't respond to me, but he still follows me all the way to my dorm. I unlock the door and realize it's been way too long since i've been in here.

I open one of the drawers to my nightstand and grab the dagger I left inside a couple years ago.

"I kept this here in case anything ever happened where I needed to protect myself. I can finally put it to use." I say to Draco.

He stands by the door watching me reach into my drawer a second time to pull out the sheath that goes with the dagger. I wrap it around my leg and secure the dagger inside. 

I sigh. "It's not much, but it just might save us a time or two."

"Savanna." Draco says.

I look up at him and he's standing there with a concerned look on your face. "Are you alright?"

I wonder why he would ask me such a question. "Yes, why?"

"You've never acted like this before. Are you sure you're not hiding anything from me?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I would never hide something from you. I'm okay, i'm fine. I'm just... I don't know. But we can't slack and stand back when we have things we need to protect."

"Like what?" he asks.

Like what. He said like what.

"Our daughter, Draco. She's in just as much danger as we are." I say, feeling disappointed that he didn't immediately think of her.

"Oh... right." He mumbles.

He looks at the floor trying to avoid eye contact with me. Maybe it's best that way.

I squeeze my eyes shut for a second, trying to think of some sort of plan, while trying to brush off the fact that Draco made me a little upset a few seconds ago.

When I come to the conclusion that I absolutely can't think of anything, I grab Draco's hand and pull him behind me back into the hallway.

"Got any brilliant ideas?" I ask.

Draco sighs. "I wish I did."

I stop myself in the hallway, letting Draco stand next to me. "Maybe we could try to find Blaise and Teila? Wherever they went. I feel like we'll be in less danger if we're with other people."

Draco nods at my suggestion, but I shake my head. "But then we'd be putting them in danger too."

God help me, i'm so stressed out.

"I'm worried about Hiraeth." I mumble.

Those are the only words I mange to get out of my mouth before someone's hand covers it.