ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 131

1 week later

"Isn't it a little early to start dress shopping? I got engaged last week."

Teila scoffs. "Of course not. You don't want to wait until the last minute."

"Draco and I haven't even set a date yet, I could be marrying him next week for all I know."

"Perfect, that's why we're doing this now." Teila says.

I roll my eyes. "I don't think i'm gonna find anything."

"Not with that attitude." She says, yanking me into the store. "I'm thinking mermaid style, because of your waist, and I bet Draco will like it."

"He does like me in tight clothes."

Teila gets the attention of a lady working there. "My friend needs help."

She rushes over to us. "I'd be happy to help. You look young." She says, looking at me. "How old are you?"

"Nineteen. But I know i'm ready to get married, I know he's the one." I tell her.

She looks down the length of my body. "You have a beautiful body, and you have the perfect waist for a mermaid dress."

Teila elbows me. "Told you."

"I'll give it a try." I say, smiling for their sake.

I really don't know what I want in a dress. I'm clueless. At least I have some help, this could be way harder.

"I'll go grab a few for you to try." The woman says.

"Make sure it's not too tight around her thighs for the garter!" Teila adds.

"You're killing me." I say. "I get to pick out your bridesmaid's dress."

"You're the bride, of course you can."

I pause for a second. "I can't believe i'm getting married."

"I can." She says, grabbing my hands. "It's perfect really. You and Draco love each other, so you got Hiraeth. I think Hiraeth was put in your lives to keep Draco alive when you were gone. He needed that piece of you to keep him going. That whole situation made me believe that everything happens for a reason. This is the moment you both need more than anything. Tying the knot is going to make all of this so worth it."

Teila's right. This will help us grow as a family. I'm so beyond excited, I don't know how i'll wait.

The woman comes back with three dresses in her hand for me to start with. She sets up a dressing room for me and once i'm alone, I take the first dress off the rack.

It's lacy and floral at the top, and it goes off my shoulders. From the upper thigh and down is plain white, there's a long train and it's quite gorgeous.

I call the lady in to help me with the buttons in the back. She helpfully does this for me, and then I step out of the dressing room and stand in front of the big mirror.

Wow...

I haven't felt this beautiful in a long time. Or maybe ever.

Teila gasps, then covers her mouth with her hand.

The door to the shop opens. "I'm sorry i'm late. I made it here as fast as I could." Narcissa says.

I'm still frozen in front of the mirror. I didn't even look back at Narcissa.

I can tell when she spots me standing here though, because of the way her voice goes quiet. "Darling."

This dress is exactly me. Everything about it is so... me.

"Wow, Savanna." Teila says slowly.

The lady comes up behind me, pinning pieces of my hair back, and then pinning a veil into it. She adjusts the train and then steps back. "We've already got her speechless."

I could cry right now. I might be, I don't exactly know.

"That's absolutely beautiful." Narcissa says, taking a seat on the couch next to Teila.

Finally I speak, looking towards the lady. "Is it normal to fall in love with the first one?"

"Not exactly. But when you know, you know."

"I don't think you can beat that." Teila says.

I look at Narcissa and Teila, who all seem to be in a daze. It seems like they love it as much as I do. I watch a tear fall from Narcissa's eye.

I'm sure this makes me cry more, but still, I can't really tell.

She wipes it off her cheek with a nod. "That's it. That's your dress."

"This is my dress." I say, wiping my cheeks off, finally realizing that I was crying. "I love it."

The lady claps her hands a couple times. "Perfect."

Once i'm completely out of the dress, we head to the register to pay. Narcissa puts up a fight with me over paying, but she insists because she's my mother figure.

She's about to hand the money to the lady when Teila stops us with a simple gesture. She slides a matching garter across the table with her fingers, leaving it right in the middle.

She has a little smirk on her face and it almost makes me laugh. I do laugh however, when Narcissa wears that same look and asks the woman to add it to our purchase.

I put my face in my hands. I love them so much.

As we're leaving the shop, I thank both of them for being so amazing to me. They really are everything to me.

Narcissa unfortunately has to get back on the train to make it home for Hiraeth. I always miss them so much.

Teila and I walk back to the castle together, and we head into Draco and I's dorm. It's empty in here, because him and Blaise are out shopping for a suit. Teila and I sit on the bed, and she sets her purse on her lap.

She pulls a bag from the shop out of it. "While you were taking off that dress, I picked out some things for you. Well... for your honeymoon. I would be lying straight to your face if I said Narcissa didn't help just a little. Gosh, I love that woman." She sighs.

"She's really easy to love." I say with a laugh. "Let's see it."

Teila pulls out multiple pieces of white lingerie one by one. I get surprised by how much she bought me. I also giggle a couple times knowing Narcissa helped with this.

The last thing I pull out is a short white robe. It couldn't be more see-through. "How modest." I say sarcastically.

"Hush. He'll love it."

"Thank you, I mean it." I say, hugging her.

"Of course. Now hide this." She says, pushing the bag at my chest. "I don't want Draco seeing that until your honeymoon."

_________________________________

Dress pic -