ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 99

28 weeks later

This is about as pregnant as I can get. I'm thirty nine weeks as of today. Which means i'll be going into labor very soon.

I still have a lot of the same symptoms as before, but trouble sleeping just takes the cake.

My belly is so big it's hard to get good sleep. I can't seem to get confortable when i'm trying to rest. It's like i'm constantly fighting my own body.

It's the middle of the night, it's completely dark in our room. I moan because my back hurts and my neck hurts and my legs hurt.

Before I got pregnant, I would sleep on my stomach, but now I really can't. That's probably why i'm so uncomfortable.

Draco rolls over to face me, with his still shaggy hair, and rubs my arm, "Can't get comfy?"

I tell him yes and and he gets up out of bed.

He gathers extra pillows from the closet in his arms and walks over to my side of the bed.

He places two pillows under my back, one between my legs and one smaller one under my neck.

My favorite part is when he kisses me on the forehead.

"Is that better?" he asks.

I nod, and he crawls back into bed.

"I'm sorry I woke you up again." I say.

He still has his sleepy voice, "It's okay darling don't worry about it."

"But you're not getting sleep and it's all my fault."

He grabs my hand and holds it, "It's for a good reason."

I close my eyes and think about what he's said. This is all for a good reason. This pain is leading up to me giving birth and becoming a mother.

Things have remained the same through these weeks. My mother is still against the whole thing. Narcissa has been the absolute sweetest. And both mine and Draco's father have been indifferent about it.

Another big thing is the fact that we still haven't thought of a name for her. I figured i'll just decide once she's here. Maybe something will come to me when I can physically hold her.

I want her name to have special meaning. But everything we have suggested is just names being picked at random.

Voldemort has been freaking me out. I'm a little worried that he's waiting for me to give birth so that he can bring hell upon us right after she's born, when it'll be difficult for Draco and I.

Everything has been too smooth and too easy with him lately. He hasn't made us kill anybody, he hasn't made us do crazy tasks.

It's just suspicious.

I think about my daughter and eventually fall asleep, realizing i'm still uncomfortable in bed. I don't tell Draco. I deal with it.

__________________________

I wake up early in the morning, with my back and arms hurting from how I slept. To my surprise, Draco isn't in bed next to me, but he's standing up. He's holding something amusing.

It's a very long white pillow, it looks greatly longer than my body.

"You said you couldn't get comfortable." he says, "So I got you one of these maternity pillow things."

I stare at him with a smile and my head tilted to the side.

"Well, stop looking at me and try it out." he urges.