ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 147

Draco Malfoy:

There's a lot of things you learn as you grow up. But you learn in small doses. Doses you can handle.

That was never the case for Savanna and I. We were forced to grow up when we were still children. Too young to have to worry about killing people and trying not to get killed yourself.

Our parents told us to grow up, but when we had Hiraeth, all of sudden we were too young to be parents ourselves. So we're old enough to murder people, but not old enough to have a baby.

Makes total sense.

Being strong can be hard when you're overwhelmed by everything horrible happening around you. When you're constantly being traumatized. When you have scars all over your body, evidence of your fight. All of those things make it difficult to move on in your later life, when you're being reminded of the painful past everyday.

But it's easy to stay strong when you have so many people to stay strong for. When you have so many reasons to be happy now that the battle is over. The hard work is done.

Strong like sterling.

Savanna says.

Sterling silver. Although it can be cracked, it's very difficult to break. We can be damaged and bruised, but we'll never falter. As long as we have each other.

Strong like sterling.

I love Savanna so much because she numbs my pain. Makes me forget about every horrible detail of my past. Because with her, I don't need to worry about anything.

What I learned with meeting Savanna, is that you could lose someone you love any day, at any time. I can forget a lot about the past, but the way I felt when I thought she was dead for two years is inerasable. It was truly the worst time of my life. I don't think i've ever felt so much pain before.

I couldn't sleep, because it reminded me of her. I couldn't think because all I could think about was her. I couldn't even play the piano to distract myself, because that too, reminded me of her.

I'll never let anything happen to her again.

I admire her as she brushes through her hair at the vanity. All i'm doing is sitting here on the bed, watching her do so many unnecessary things to get ready. I won't tell her that though, because she'll get mad at me and say I have no idea what it's like being a girl. So I keep quiet, because she is right after all.

She's still in that robe. That robe that reminds me that her naked skin is just beneath it. Her beautiful, sexy naked skin. I wonder if she would get angry with me for thinking about that. I'll stay quiet with that too.

I knew her body was beautiful before I made love to her last night, but when it was actually happening, she was even more beautiful than I anticipated.

Last night was incredible. It felt like a dream. Too good to possibly be real. But it was real, everything about it was real. I know it was real from the leftovers signs that it had happened.

Savanna's lips a darker shade of pink, the love marks on my back from her pleasure. Even our clothes still on the floor.

It was all real.