ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 140

Once Draco and I are centered on the dance floor, our music begins to play. He looks at me and suddenly it feels like we're the only people in this big room.

He takes my hand in his and kisses it before taking my other one and pulling me to him.

"Don't get fancy with me." I whisper.

He smiles and pulls me closer to him. "It's our first dance, I would never."

We seemed to have invited a very mature group of people, because no one is disrupting this moment at all.

"You look gorgeous tonight." Draco says.

"Gorgeous huh? Not beautiful?" I ask.

He stutters. "I- well, you do look beautiful. You always do, but it's our wedding."

I laugh. "I'm just teasing."

He smiles and lifts me off the ground, spinning around a couple times.

When he sets me back down I rest my head against his chest. I listen to the beautiful sound of his heartbeat. The sound of his slow one moment, and then fast the next, heartbeat. It's cute that he's nervous. I didn't think he would be, but the sound I'm hearing says otherwise.

One part about this dance is particularly pleasant. It's the way I feel safe having him with me this close in his embrace. I feel protected and shielded from anything harmful, and cared for and loved by him.

I couldn't have chosen a better husband for myself. Truly, Draco is the best man for me. He's my person, my soulmate, whatever you call someone you love so much that it almost hurts.

I'm pretty sure i'm crying now. But it doesn't matter, because crying today feels right. I'm crying because I know we made it. I don't feel guilty or sad or angry. I feel happy. I feel renewed.

I feel the most beautiful i've ever felt.

I think I should tell Draco that.

"Draco."

"Yes darling?"

"I feel the most beautiful i've ever felt."

I can't see his face right now, but I know he's fighting that smile. But the smile is definitely winning.

"That's perfect, darling. I want you to feel that way all the time."

I wish time would slow down during moments like these, because they sure do go by fast. Our dance is almost over and it feels as though it only just started.

Draco's thumb strokes slowly across mine. Something so small yet means so much in my heart.

Aw... we're married. Draco Malfoy is my husband.

I think a lot about what it would be like if I were to have a conversation with my fifteen year old self. She would kill me for marrying him.

Ah. Old Draco.

"Don't try to be tough with me, it doesn't work. It's pathetic. You're pathetic."

The classic "You're pathetic."

How sweet.

But on a serious note, this is the best man on the planet. And he's mine.

Our music fades out and everyone claps for us. I feel a little disappointed at it feeling like such a short dance even though it probably wasn't.

Narcissa makes her way to the front of the room as everyone takes their seats. Draco and I sit at our own table with a perfect view.

She stands in front of the microphone. "We're going to begin the speeches. I suppose i'll start us off."

I smile as she looks at Draco and I.

"My name is Narcissa Malfoy, i'm the mother of the groom. I would like to say a few words about this amazing young couple. My son Draco has always been indifferent about girls. He never spoke to me about girls he would meet at school or girls he thought were pretty. I'm not sure if it's normal for a boy to tell his mother about those things, but I knew when one day he mentioned a girl named Savanna, he had finally found love. It was something about the way he talked about her, saying these things I didn't know he was capable of saying. His love for her was indescribable, and I learned that each day I watched their relationship grow. I couldn't have picked a better woman for my son. This bride sitting before me is beautiful, compassionate, selfless, and every bit as lovable as Draco said she was. It was so easy to welcome her into my life. I'm absolutely honored to call her my daughter. Draco and Savanna have gone through so much together, and i'm so incredibly proud of them for pushing through life's hardest moments and finally achieving the life they both so rightfully deserve. I love the man Draco has become with this woman by his side, and Savanna's ability to soften his heart is unmatched. I wish you the best and happiest life together, and I can't wait to watch you grow as a family. I love you both so much... thank you."

Everyone claps at Narcissa's heartfelt speech.

I grab a napkin and catch the tears that have built up in my eyes. I love her. I love her so much.

This wedding just might be the death of me.