ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 155

Draco Malfoy:

"The nurse said it's not a good idea for Savanna to have anymore kids."

"So are you still gonna..." Blaise makes a circle with one hand and uses a finger on his other to penetrate the circle.

I almost laugh, but I don't think i'm capable of that right now.

"Once we're able to do that again, i'm thinking about getting surgery to make sure I can't get her pregnant. She's gonna argue with me about that, I know she wants three kids, it's her dream. She's always mentioned three. But I really don't wanna put her life on the line for another child."

"That didn't happen with Hiraeth, right?"

I shake my head. "No, Hiraeth's birth was just fine. I don't know why there was a random complication with Sterling. She's older now, I wasn't expecting a thing. I was much more worried when she was sixteen."

"I know Savanna, and she's not the type to let you get in the way of her dreams, even if it's what's best for her."

I sit down on the guest room bed, taking a deep breath. "All I want is for her to be happy. I would hate for her to be upset when i'm preventing her from hurting herself."

We both hear a knock at the door. Hiraeth walks in. "I can't sleep, Daddy." She says.

Blaise turns his attention to her, placing his hands on his hips. "Hey you little blondie, I never got my hug."

She giggles, running at him and hugging his legs. He picks her up and starts asking her random questions.

I take this opportunity to go talk with Savanna.

Savanna Malfoy:

"He's getting a little fussy." Teila says passing Sterling to me.

I get up and walk him to his crib. "I'm sure he's just tired." I lay him down and he relaxes immediately.

Draco walks in. "My love, can I talk to you?"

Teila gets up from the bed. "He calls you 'my love'? It's getting hot in here." She says as she leaves the room.

He approches me after shutting the door. He grabs my hand and holds it.

"Savanna darling, as your husband i'm not gonna let you hurt yourself." He says. "I'm gonna get a vasectomy."

"No, Draco please." I say, dropping his hand.

"Having another baby isn't worth it if it means killing you." He says. "I already lost you once. It was like I lost... everything I was. I wasn't really there, sure I was still alive, but inside I was nothing but broken. I'm not letting that happen again, because this time I don't think i'll be able to live with it."

I grab onto the sleeve of his shirt and shake my head. "No, no. Draco please don't. I've always talked about three, you know I want three."

His eyes fill with tears. "You know I could get you anything you want, but this is the one thing I can't do."

He goes in to kiss me, but I pull away.

I can't even remember the last time I did that.

The hardest part of this is the fact that I know Draco wants another baby just as much as I do. He's just too worried about me.

It's me that's stopping him.

I turn away from him.

He wraps his hands around my waist from behind me, then he leans in and presses a long kiss to my neck. "I'm just trying to protect you."

"Well you should stop." I mumble.

"I can't. I love you too much for that."