ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 129

Draco Malfoy:

After talking with Blaise, we meet Savanna and Teila at the dinner table. Savanna and Teila are sitting across from each other, each leaving a space beside them for us. Savanna doesn't look too nervous about all the attention anymore, I guess she just needed to talk to someone.

As soon as Blaise sits down next to Teila, she nudges him in the arm.

Blaise looks right at Savanna, "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Savanna nods and gets up, waking away with Blaise into the hallway.

"I'm not an idiot. I know you're trying to get me alone. What's going on?" I ask.

"It's Savanna. I know she won't tell you this, you know how she is, she's stubborn. But, she's not doing okay on the inside. Don't ask her if she's okay, because she's not, just make her okay. Do everything you can to make her feel like the most loved girl in the world. She's my best friend, I don't like knowing she's not dealing with things properly. She needs you to love her. She's not gonna ask for it."

I close my eyes. "Of course she's not okay. How could she possibly be okay after what she's been through?"

Teila grabs my forearm. "I know how much you love her. Blaise and I talk about it all the time, how you look at her, how you talk to her, how you changed for her. So please do something that'll show her how much you love her. It's the only thing that'll heal her."

I really don't know what to do.

"You know what's a good idea? Taking that ring out and proposing."

I shake my head. "I can't just propose, it has to be special."

"Make love to her then. I remember she told me about the first time you were gentle and slow with her, she said she loved it."

I shake my head again. "She wants to wait until after the wedding, which requires a proposal."

"Well think of something. You know her better than I do."

I don't know what to do. There's hundreds of ways I could show her I love her, but the only two things that seem the best, are things I can't accomplish right now.

I don't want to just propose out of no where. She deserves a perfect proposal, and until I can figure out what that is, i'm going to wait.

———————————————

I decide to take Savanna out tonight before we have to do school work tomorrow.

I hold her hand as we walk up the astronomy tower stairs. "You know this is the one structure that didn't get completely destroyed in the battle."

She smiles. "Same sturdy tower."

We reach the top. "I know you've been through a lot, so I really hope you're fine with this."

"I'll never deny a date with you, Draco." She says, kissing me on the cheek.

I love the way she has to get up on her tippy toes to reach my cheek.

We make our way to the edge of the tower, where she leans against the bars, looking up at every star in the sky. I get behind her and wrap my arms around her.

She starts laughing, just out of no where. But it's not an obvious one, I can only tell she's laughing because of the way her body is shaking. She's trying to hide it.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

She snorts. "Nothing, I can just feel your dick on my lower back."

I'm not even hard right now. At least she finds it funny.

I sigh and let my head fall back with a groan. "I'm sorry." I say, releasing my hands from around her.

She grabs my arm. "I never said I didn't like it."

She wraps my arms back around herself, and starts to kiss up them. Her kisses feel so light and airy, and her lips are so soft against my skin.

She flips my arm over, looking at the spot an evil tattoo once covered. I watch her examine my bare skin right there for a couple seconds before pressing her lips to it. "I never realized how much I could miss a part of your skin."

I take one of her arms and hold it, leaning down over her shoulder to kiss the same spot on her. "Me too."

I look over at her already looking at me. I see her eyes and the way they study my every move. The hand i'm holding is suddenly on the back of my neck as she pulls me closer to her.

She presses her lips to mine. I can proudly say that one of my favorite things she does is kiss me. She makes it seem like time just pauses. Every ounce of stress, anxiety, and worry drains out of my body while I kiss her.

When our lips part, we look at each other again. Our eyes speak to each other, communicating for us. They're saying, "I love you. Thank you for saving me."

She closes her eyes after they've done their talking, and she smiles softly.

"Are you tired?" I ask.

She shrugs. "A little."

I take her hand. "Let's go to bed."

She shakes her head. "But our date-"

"You deserve some rest."

I pick her up and carry her down the stairs and as i'm walking through the corridors, she falls asleep in my arms.

"'A little tired' huh?" I whisper.

I bring her inside our dorm and lay her down on the bed, draping the comforter over her body. She doesn't open her eyes, not once. I smooth her hair out of her face and look at her.

Sometimes I find myself wondering how the guys in Savanna's past could treat an angel like her so badly. Making her feel unworthy, unloved, not good enough. She's everything but those things.

I kiss her on the cheek. "Goodnight, darling." I whisper. "I love you so so much."

I crawl in bed next to her and turn off the light.