ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 56

Draco and I sent out our letters back to the school.

The difference between my letter and his, was huge. I laughed at it but I didn't contradict him.

It's dinner time now. Draco and I spent most of our time getting away from our parents.

But they're invited us for dinner, and we can't exactly escape from that.

Draco and I go down the stairs, holding hands tightly and anxiously.

We make our way to the dimly lit dining room, and right before we enter, Draco gives my hand a squeeze and rubs his thumb over mine.

As we enter, our parents glare at us in silence.

The silence doesn't help anything. It only makes the whole situation more uncomfortable.

"Good evening children." my mother says.

"Good evening." I reply, but Draco stays quiet.

Draco and I take a seat next to each other, still holding hands.

Our plates have already been made, so we pick up our forks and begin eating.

"So, Savanna and Draco, was your train ride this morning?" Narcissa asks.

Draco gives me strange look that is very difficult for me to read.

"It was good. It's cool when we have a whole train to ourselves." I say.

My father looks in my direction, "What do you have planned for your birthday?"

I shift a little in my chair, I forgot about how soon I would be sixteen.

Draco gives me a sideways glance, and I curse myself for not telling him.

"I don't know yet." I say, nudging the food on my plate.

"Well we should plan something. Something good since you're home and not at school. When is your birthday sweetheart?" Narcissa asks.

"Next week." I mumble.

My mother scolds, "Don't mumble Savanna."

I sit up straight and apologize.

"Great. Well, i'll plan something for you. Don't worry, i'm quite good at these kinds of things." she winks.

A smile forms on my face, "Thank you, so much."

"Draco." Lucius says through gritted teeth. He raises his eyebrows in an unpleasant manner.

Draco clears his throat, "Oh- um. Would anyone like a drink?" he asks.

I obviously stay silent. Draco and I are significantly underage. We can't show any signs of having drank before.

Our parents request some, and hand Draco their empty champagne glasses.

Draco gets up and begins to walk out of the room.

"Savanna why don't you help him." my father suggests.

I nod and walk over to Draco and take two of the glasses from his hands.

"Thank you." he says.

I follow him to his kitchen, decorated with gothic style, but still manages to be a beauty.

Draco and I set the glasses down on the counter.

There's a door in the kitchen that Draco opens. He switched the warm light on. Inside, there are wooden shelves of alcoholic drinks of all kinds, including a cooler.