ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 138

Savanna Malfoy:

I love magic so much. It's crazy how we can transform a room full of just plain white chairs to a dining room with round tables and a dance floor.

But what I love way more than magic is my new husband and new last name. Especially when they're put together.

"How are you feeling Mrs. Malfoy?" He asks me, holding my hand in his.

"The best I could possibly feel."

"I haven't gotten the chance to tell you how beautiful you look yet. So, you look beautiful Savanna."

I smile shyly at his compliment. After being called beautiful by him so many times, you would think I would be used to it. But i'm not. I still blush and smile the same every time.

We only have family, Teila and Blaise in here while we set up. Then Draco and I will have to leave to enter the reception after being announced.

I wrap my arms around him. "I'm so excited."

"For what?"

"Everything. Being married and going on our honeymoon. It's just such a big and important step for us."

"Remember when we hated each other?"

"When you made me wanna nosedive into quicksand all the time... yeah I think I remember." I say sarcastically.

I feel his hand creep around my body and then I feel a grab on my ass.

I look up at him with a smirk on my face.

"Couldn't help myself." He smiles. "It looks so perky in this dress."

"Draco... we're in public. Save it for the honeymoon." I smile, walking towards our whole family standing in a circle.

One of the first people to acknowledge my presence is Lucius. He makes me nervous. I guess i've just always longed for his approval.

"Congratulations." He says.

"Thank you."

He holds his hands out in front of him like he wants to hug me. Does he want to hug me? I think he does.

I hug him, and apparently that's exactly what he wanted. "I'm so grateful that someone loves my son this much."

When our hugs breaks, I smile at him. He smiles back at me softly. I don't think i've ever felt so connected with Draco's father.

"He's so easy to love." I say.

This is when Draco enters himself into the group.

"I'm proud of you, son." Lucius says.

A smile teases Draco's lips. They share a hug and it looks like he is on the verge of tears. I know how long Draco has wanted his father to say those words.

"Thank you, Father." He says.

Weddings do bring people together.

I turn my attention to all the people that have the last name "Malfoy", which I guess now is everyone but my father. That makes me a little upset. But he's still an important part of this family.

"I can't thank you enough for accepting me into your family. I really appreciate you being so open and welcoming with me. Especially with Hiraeth. I know having a baby at sixteen isn't exactly ideal."

Narcissa puts her hand on her heart, like my thankfulness means the world to her. "Of course darling. We love you so much. And Hiraeth is nothing but a gift to this family."

Hiraeth ends up running into the group and holds her arms up to my father, asking him to pick her up. He happily obliges and scoops her into his arms.

"I don't think she fully understands marriage." I say.

She interrupts. "Yes I do. You kissed Daddy on the lips. Then you're gonna go on your homeynoon and have so much fun with him."

I laugh. "Yeah, you're right." I look at Narcissa with
the "I told you" face.

She laughs at me. "She's so cute. You guys should go, you'll be announced soon."

"Okay." Draco says. "Come here RaeBae." He holds his arms out to her and he carries her.

We stand behind the entrance doors as the guests make their way into the ballroom from separate doors.

Draco sets her down just in front of us. Giving her a little kiss on the cheek. "Ready to party?"

She jumps up and down. "Yeah!"

I hate thinking about how everything has gone so perfectly today that i'm almost expecting something to go wrong. Apparently I haven't had many perfect days in my life.

I turn to Draco and he takes my face in his hands. He kisses my forehead and smiles at me.

"I wish you would tell me where our honeymoon is." I say.

He shakes his head. "That would ruin the surprise."

Our wedding party begins to enter the ballroom, starting the reception up. The upbeat music lifts my mood even more.

Draco takes my hand and starts dancing behind the doors. I dance with him and Hiraeth leaves the doors.

I hear everyone cheer for her and I know she just loves that attention on her. Like father like daughter.

I hear the music get a little louder and that's when I know it's our turn.

"Now to welcome our newlyweds. I present to you, for the first time as husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Draco Malfoy!"

The doors open and Draco and I dance our way through the room. One of my favorite things about Draco is the way I can dance like this with him in front of everyone and not be embarrassed.

I don't hate him anymore. Not at all. I'll never hate him again.

When we get to the front of the room, the whole room cheers for us. I like this feeling. I like that I don't feel guilty for marrying Draco. No one's telling me that i'm not good enough for him anymore.