ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 58

I wake to the sound of Draco playing piano, his back turned to me.

I sit up and listen to his sweet notes. The simple and relaxing sounds filling his room.

When he stops playing and turns around, I smile.

"Happy birthday beautiful."

He gets up and walks towards me. Holding out a hand, I take it and he helps me get out of bed.

My smile grows, "Thank you."

I glance up at him, and see that he has a suspicious grin on his face.

"Why do you look so secretive?" I ask.

He sucks his teeth though his smirk, "Because I am."

I shove him in the chest, "Fess up." I giggle.

He advances behind me, brings his arm around, palm covering my eyes.

"It wouldn't be a secret if I told you now would it?" he whispers, my vision completely lost by his hand.

He began to push me, making me walk in front of him. I stumbled a couple times.

"Keep going." he said, "Just a little further."

Finally he says, "Okay here. No more walking but just, keep your eyes closed."

I feel his hand release from my eyes, but I keep them shut. I can hear his footsteps lead in front of me.

"Hold out your hand." he says.

I don't hesitate, and do as he says. I feel him place something in my palm. One of his hands supporting the item on one side, and the other holding my hand up from underneath.

"Okay, open them."

My eyes flutter open and I look down. I see Draco on one knee, an open ring box in my hand.

A sparkling, dainty, oval shaped diamond resting on the gold band.

"Can I promise my love a second time?" he asks, "I want everything you have and I want to give you everything I have. You deserve so much. I hope you can forgive me for my stupid... stupid actions a few months ago."

"Of course I forgive you. It's called unconditional love." I tell him.

He looks at me with awe as he slips the new promise ring onto my proper finger.

He stands up and presses his forehead against mine, "I love you."

"I love you too."

He laughs, "Now c'mon, my mother is way too excited about this."

He takes me by the hand and walks me downstairs.

~

Narcissa may be the one of the kindest souls i've ever met. She cares so much about me. I didn't expect that when meeting Draco's parents.

She took me shopping today, we went to shop after shop after shop. We were looking for one thing in particular.

A dress for tonight.

With a matching mask to wear around my eyes.

Narcissa demanded that Draco stay away, and not see what I would be wearing. She said if we loved each other enough, we would be able to recognize each other, regardless of how covered our faces were, and what we were wearing.

My mother stayed home. She wished me the happiest of birthdays, so did my father and Lucius. Fashion wasn't her stronghold, so she decided not to come along.

After what seemed like a whole day of trying on dresses and having no luck, I had a few options left.

I tried on a black dress, that went off the shoulders. It was quite short, and along with that, there were slits at the bottom, going up the sides of my upper thighs. There were outlines where my breasts were.

I took a deep breath, and slid the curtain to the dressing room over. I step out and see Narcissa glancing over my outfit.

"That's the one." she says with wide eyes.

I yank down my dress, "Don't you think it's a little... short?"

"Oh think nothing of it," she says, "It fits you perfectly. I'm sure Draco will adore it."

He'll adore it way more when it's on his bedroom floor.

"I'm glad." I fidget with my fingers.

I change out of the dress, and back into my regular clothes.

Narcissa takes the dress from my hands and up to the cashier.

"Narcissa please, let me pay." I insist.

"No darling, it's a birthday gift." she smiles.

I suppose I can't turn that down.

~

Narcissa and I stopped at two more shops for matching shoes and a mask.

My mask is black, and has a swirling pattern that makes it up. The eye holes give a fox like shape to my eyes.

My shoes are platform heels, to match my dress.

When we arrived back at the manor, I went up to the room that was given to me, so Draco wasn't able to see me until the ball.