ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 91

"Don't you think they're a little young-"

"Silence Narcissa. They're perfectly capable. Draco has already done it."

I hold the dagger in my hand, shaking in my skin.

Draco looks at me, blood covering his hands and his suit. Some of it in his hair and face.

The woman looks at me, "You look just like my daughter." I tear falls from her eye.

I refuse to think about it any longer. I drive the blade into the chest of the innocent person laying before me.

The woman gasps for air, but I don't stop. I stab her over and over again. Just like I was ordered to.

I watch the light leave her eyes and her chest stops heaving.

Her blood is all over me, and the floor. I drop the dagger next to me. I've never felt so guilty in my entire life.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper.

This woman has done nothing to me. She's a muggle who had a family, and a life. I had just taken that away from her on Christmas day.

"Well done Savanna." Voldemort says.

I wipe the tear from my face, forgetting that the blood is all over my hands.

I stand up, and take my seat back at the table.

"I'm sorry." Draco says silently.

I'm so disgusted with myself.

——————————————————

After a very much needed shower, Draco lays me down in my bed.

I stare at the ceiling, still thinking about what we did tonight.

We're horrible people.

Draco kneels down on the floor looking up at me, "Are you okay?"

I shake my head.

I stand up quickly, making my way to the bathroom.

I get to the toilet and throw up. Draco holds my hair back for me.

Once i'm done, Draco lays me in bed for the second time, and feels my head.

"My darling you're burning up." he says.

He gets a wet rag and puts it on my forehead.

"You're sick." he says, "Get some rest. I'm sure everyone will understand."

Regardless of me being sick, he lays next to me. He intertwines his hand with my own, and we just lay there.

"He's a sick... sick person."

"We just killed people." I say, "Innocent people."

Narcissa steps into the room, with tears streaming down her face.

I move to sit up but Draco tells me to stay. Instead he gets up.

"Mother, what's wrong?" he asks.

She sits at my feet, "I had no idea he was gonna make you do that. How horrible."

Her eyes dart to me while she wipes her tears, "Are you well darling?"

"No." Draco says, "She's sick."

Narcissa reaches to feel my head under the rag, "Oh yes. Definitely sick."

I force a smile, even though my stomach is killing me and my head is pounding.

"I'll call in the doctor for you tomorrow. You must've caught a germ." she says.

"Thank you."

She kisses me on the top of my head. What a motherly thing to do.

"You both get some much needed rest." she says as she leaves the room.

Draco gets back into bed next to me.

He runs his fingers through my hair, "God you're so beautiful."

"I just threw up Draco."

"I know." he says.

He moves his hand behind his back and when he brings it back in front of him, it's full of roses.

He hands them to me, and I take them. I notice they're wrapped in black ribbon. The ribbon has writing on it, in silver ink.

For you,
My Beautiful Dearest Darling Love

I don't know why this makes me want to cry right now.

"I really don't deserve you." I say.

"You deserve every inch of my being."

Charming.

I smile, "You don't have to stay here with me, I would hate for you to get sick."

He laughs, "Oh. I don't get sick. Only weak people do."

"At least I didn't get turned into a ferret."

That's really the only comeback I have against him. It makes him really mad when I bring it up.

I laugh now, but Draco's lips press into a thin line.

"You're really lucky I love you so damn much." he says.

I hold his hand, because I can't tackle him with kisses after getting sick.

"I love you so damn much too."