ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 75

Draco leads me to the room of requirement, and i'm confused by this location.

He stops me when we get to a large mirror. It's tall and really beautiful. A gold spiraling rim lines it, and i'm mesmerized, even though i've only just seen it.

Draco stops us from walking into the reflection, "This is the Mirror of Erised. When you look into it, we see the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." he says.

"Wow." I breathe, looking up at it.

"I thought maybe we could look in it together." he mumbles, "But let's go individually to start."

With a soft smile, I nod to him.

"Ladies first." he says, moving out of my path and letting me fit into the mirror's view.

When I look at my reflection, I look oddly the same. Like I was maybe only a couple years older.

I'm not the only one that appears though. Draco fades in from behind me, pulling me into a tight hug.

He grabs my hand and glances at my finger, that is occupied with a magnificently eye catching diamond. We share a kiss, but are quickly interrupted by something else.

A young boy, maybe two years old runs towards Draco and I, hugging our legs tightly.

His hair is blonde as ever, with those familiar smokey blue eyes. That's when I realize this is my deep desire. This is our baby.

Draco picks him up and holds him in his arms.

I've never seen myself smile so big.

Draco tickles the baby's tummy, which makes the child giggle.

It's nothing short of absolutely adorable. The baby looks like Draco, with his thick lashes, and fair, elegant features. The blonde hair only adds on.

His eyes are the one feature that he has from me.

The image in front of me is so content, and I slowly trickle back to reality.

This isn't real. It might not ever be real.

When Draco sets down the baby, he runs out of the frame, and Draco follows with him.

And all of a sudden i'm back to my current state in the mirror. Scarred, damaged, and no where close to giving up.

I look back to Draco, who looks astonished, but at the same time really worried.

"Is everything alright?" he asks me, running soft fingers through my hair.

I nod with a realistic expression on my face, "It was amazing. Everything looked so real. It was just like..."

"A dream?" Draco questions, finishing my sentence for me.

"Exactly."

He sighs, brushing off his shirt.

He doesn't say another word before stepping in front of the mirror himself.

His face relaxes, and his lips slightly part.

"Woah.." Draco breathes.

I stay silent the whole time to let him stay focused on everything.

When he looks back at me, he's all starry eyed.

He pulls at my hand, bringing me towards him. I hold his hand and arm, placing my cheek on his side. When we look in the mirror together, i'm astonished.

Draco's holding me bridal style, seemingly being appropriate, for I am clothed in a wedding dress.

It's made up of beautiful white lace, my shoulders are exposed. My dress is fitting all the way to my knees , and fans out at the bottom.

Draco wears a black suit, the best looking one i've ever seen.

The way he looks at me makes me want to melt right there.

Draco sets me back down on my feet, then lifts me up onto his own. He dances for us both, swaying to the sweet sound of music.

I rest my head on his chest, and we smile together.

In the background of this, I can see Narcissa, holding the same blonde little boy from when I looked in the mirror.

She spins around with him in her arms.

He has a cute baby smile plastered across his face, still looking much like Draco.

The image fades away, and we see our real state in the mirror once again.

I don't realize I have fresh tears ready to fall from my eyes until I look at Draco and he has them too.

He wipes them away quickly, pulling me into a tight hug.

He holds my head to his chest, not letting me go anywhere.