Chapter 3

•Your POV•

"You have a lovely manor." I decided to break the silence that has been going on for over five minuets.
"Thank you. I've lived here for the longest time." I could detect a hint of sadness in his words. 'I wonder what's wrong?'
"Are you alright? You seem a bit upset Ciel."

He stiffened at my words and looked...surprised? Why surprised?
"What do you mean?" He asked while shakily putting down his teacup.
"I mean that you seem saddened. Look, I know we just met. But if you need someone to talk to, I'm here." I stated plainly. I pitied Ciel in a way, but I also respected him for staying strong. I could tell something was definitely wrong though.
"Why?" Was all he asked. I sighed and looked down.
"Lets just say that I know what its like to feel sad or upset. I never really had anyone to talk to until I met my roommate. But I don't want to give you this big speech right now, I mean we just met yesterday!" I gave a nervous laugh afterwards.

When I looked up, Ciel was staring at me with astonishment. When he saw me look up, he turned away and blushed a little. "W-well thank you for the k-kind offer." He stuttered before coughing then continuing, "Do you play chess?"
I smiled. "Yes, chess has to be one of my favorite games."

Ciel stood and walked over to me, pulling my chair out. "Shall we play a few games, then?"
I nodded my head and followed him inside.
Before we were completely up the stairs, I heard a soft meow. I completely stopped and looked around.
"What is it?" Ciel questioned my behavior. 'Oh yea, he can't hear it. One of the perks of having incredible hearing I guess, is being able to listen to things out of range to humans.'

"I'll be back, I have to use the washroom." I told him. He said ok and walked into his study. As soon as Ciel disappeared through the door, I took off. I kept sprinting until I came across the door I heard the meow from. I flung it open and my eyes scanned the room, setting on a wardrobe.
When I opened the wardrobe door, at least seven cats sprang on me. I laughed and sat on the floor. The cats gradually came over to me, purring when I gave them attention.

"You guys are gorgeous." I smiled. Each cat had perfect features. "Soft fur, and fleshy paws. Beautiful eyes."
"Yes, cats are beautiful creatures." A voice came from the doorway. I looked up to find Sebastian now in front of me.

"Oh, hello Sebastian. Why are these poor things locked up in an empty room?" I asked.
"The young master is allergic to them, but I can't get rid of the little darlings. So I put them in my room."
"This is your room? I would have thought that the head butler would get a better living quarters. But as a demon, you don't need much sleep. So
I guess what your room looks like doesn't matter much."
"Yes. I usually bring them out at night. You are a sharp one, for a reaper."
"Is that a compliment?"
"I assume it is."

I smirked at him and stood up. "Well, I'm off to meet Ciel for a game of chess."
Before I could leave, Sebastian pulled me back. "You have been petting these cats, which means there is fur on you. We my must get you a change of clothes." He said.
"Yea, I suppose you're right. But I refuse to wear a dress." I stated. I hated anything with a skirt.
"Hm...well I suppose you will have to borrow some of the young masters clothing. Is that alright?"
"Yes."

Sebastian lead me to Ciel's room and opened his closet before leaving. I looked around until I settled on a pair of blue shorts with a matching long sleeved shirt, which cuffed at the bottom and had two buttons on the sides and down the middle. The shirt was a little tight at the top, due to the fact that I had a chest and he didn't, but it was manageable. I thought I might as well complete the outfit with some black socks just below the knee and black dress shoes.
I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. 'I can't wait to see the look on his face.'

When I walked out of the room, Sebastian was there waiting. "I shall escort you to the masters study."
"You just want to see Ciel's reaction to my outfit." I laughed.
"Maybe."

We traveled down the hall and to his study door. I knocked and said, "It's (Y/N)!"
"Come in." Ciel said from inside. I opened the door and stepped in. He had his chair turned away from me and I tried not to laugh again.
"Alright. We should begin-" Ciel turned around and cut himself off after seeing my attire. His face went red and he fumbled to speak.

"W-why are you wearing m-my clothes?" He asked, looking me over.
"I spilled something on my old ones, so I decided to borrow some of yours."
His eyes widened as he viewed my chest. I smirked and grabbed his cane and top hat that was laying against the wall.
Then I went over and took off his eyepatch. At first, Ciel covered his eye. But then I told him I already knew that it was his contact symbol, so he uncovered it.

I tied the eyepatch to my head and covered my left eye like Ciel. Next, I put the top hat on and walked around the room with the cane.
"Look! I am Ciel Phantomhive!" I stated in my best version of Ciel's voice.
"I wear an eyepatch like a pirate! Arg!" I made a hook hand and pretended to sail a ship. "I have a butler names Sebby who is also a demon! I enjoy drinking tea and wearing shorts!!" I twirled around and took my hat off. "Plus, I do magic!" I put my hand inside and then took it back out. "An invisible rabbit!"
Then I blew kisses to the imaginary crowd and bowed.

When I finished my little scene, I was surprised to find Ciel laughing. After watching him, I burst into a fit of giggles myself. Soon we were both on the floor trying to breathe normally.
"I haven't laughed this hard in a long time." He smiled a bit.
I mirrored his smile and sat up. "That was fun." I said while standing. "Now, how about that game of chess?"