Chapter 32

•Your POV•

"Step one," I grab Bards flame thrower and dynamite, "we're using actual cooking materials."

He huffed and crossed his arms. "Those are my cooking doohickeys."

"Doohickeys?"

"Why not?"

I chuckle and set the explosives in the main room before going back to the kitchen. I clap my hands together. "What are we making?"

The older blonde scratched his head. "Uh...lunch?"
I facepalm, "I mean what are we serving?"

"Oh! Beef stew." He replied.
I smile softly and walk to the fridge, grabbing a pound of beef and vegetables. Bard observed as I set them on the counter. "Let's get started."

He blinked at me with a confused expression. I sigh, "You do know how to cook without your weapons, yeah?"

Bard looked down sheepishly. "No.."

Crossing my arms, I mutter. "And you're the cook here."
While the 'cook' sulked, I got a knife and cut up the beef. I glanced at Bard, "Hey! Stop with the pity party and help me out."
He looked over and nodded. "With what?"

"Cutting the vegetables up. You can do that, right?"

With a swift motion, the man picked up a knife and grinned. "Hell yeah!"
I giggle and push them towards him. He started with the carrots while I finished the beef.
"We need a pot." I wash my hands before opening cabinet after cabinet. No luck.

"Where would your pots be? We kinda need one." I turn to Bard. He shrugged. "If they're not in the third cabinet above the stove then I don't know where. Ask Sebastian if he was usin' em."
Mumbling, I trudge out of the room. "Bassy!! I need help with finding cooking doohickeys!"
Bard laughed from the kitchen.

Sebastian appeared on the stairs seconds later. "What is it?"

"Pots. Me need." I look up at him. 'God damn is he tall.' I thought.
The demon gave me a strange look. "They aren't in the kitchen?"

"Nope. Looked everywhere." I cross my arms over my chest.
Suddenly, Finny burst into the room with a grin. "Lady (Y/N)!"
My (E/C) eyes looked to the smaller blonde, "Yes?"

"Mey-Rin and I decorated your new room! We found some shiny flower pots to use for the roses!" He beamed at me.
With a bad feeling, I quickly followed Finny upstairs with Sebastian trailing behind. Once I entered the room, yet another sigh escaped my lips.

"Finny," I smiled at him while holding back an annoyed tone, "where did you get the...flower pots?"

"Oh! They were in the sink, not sure why though." He giggled.
'Well now we know where those went.'

Sebastian looked at the silver dirt-filled pots. "I want these cleaned out at once. If the young master sees this...oh dear."

I snicker a bit and look at the now rather upset gardener. "Awe, it's okay. The room looks beautiful as is. Where's Mey-Rin so I can thank her?"

"She's washing the new blanket we got." Finny responded.
As if on que, we all heard a loud shriek and rumble from downstairs.
The butler huffed and checked his pocket watch. "Can't I ever get a moment of silence?" He immediately left to go fix whatever ruckus the maid had caused.
I laughed and collapsed on the bed. "It's good to be back."