Chapter 64

Ciel's POV

Here I was, standing alone in the centre of a ballroom, confused, slightly dizzy, and wearing a dress.
I sound like I'm drunk. I thought to myself, realizing (Y/N) had gone off.

Hiking up the bottom of the godforsaken prison I had on, I exploded the heavily populated hall for any sign of the girl I had come in with.
Can she teleport, too? Jesus, I need to write these things down...

I was far too distracted by my inability to find one bloody person amongst what seemed like hundreds to even hear the sudden crack of wood followed by a heavy thud from outside. The music went quiet, and so did the lighthearted atmosphere of the party, which is what brought me back to reality.
Was that the man (Y/N) mentioned?

People began to flood the front lawn, but it only took the first few to realize what had happened.
Ciel was able to see that it was the same man as before, but now his legs were bent in an inhuman fashion, as well as his neck that was twisted farther than anyone's should ever be able to go. A smashed liquor bottle rested beside his outstretched hand.

His friend, or at least the only person to take pity on the poor soul, ran to the man's side and collapsed.
And still (Y/N) was nowhere in sight.
Had she already collected his soul? Did I ever ask how long that took?

My thoughts were rapid as I pushed through the crowd. The man meant nothing to me, so my concern with him was nothing compared to my concern with wherever the hell (Y/N) was. Eventually, someone came and the body was disposed of, taken somewhere that didn't matter to me. Soon the room even began to fill with people just as it was ten minutes ago. Everyone in their intoxicated states clearly wasn't ready for the death of a stranger to put a damper on their night.
It wasn't until I looked up to the broken balcony rail to see (Y/N) calmly seated there, her wings spread wide to catch the glow of the moon. "Took you long enough."

I couldn't even find a place in my cold heart to be angry, or even irritated..not with how beautiful she looked. Not with how she made me smile as she slid off the balcony and onto the ground. Not even with how she walked towards me with her wings retracting, that wide smile of hers as stunning as ever, reminding me of the first time she made me feel human again.

She took my hands.
"How could you have expected me to find you when you disappeared like that? Was it supposed to be funny?" I asked, a light tone in my voice.

"Well, the great Phantomhive, Guard Dog to the Queen, should've been able to find a girl in a crowd, don't you think?" (Y/N)'s lips turned to a cocky expression.
I scoffed. "Is that so? I do humbly apologize for my negligence."

"Your apology has been recognized, but will only be accepted under one condition." There was a twinkle in her (E/C) eyes that I had never seen before, filling me with a sense of nervous excitement.

"And that is?" I cocked a brow, watching her move down until she was kneeling. I could hardly even get a sentence out to ask what she was doing before a small box was removed from her pocket, now opened to reveal a ring. It was simple, but elegant, something any man of high standing would wear with pride.
And I was being presented it by one of the only people I've ever loved this much in my years of life.

"Ciel, I know this isn't exactly an ideal time, but for me I couldn't see it any other way." (Y/N) began. "But you've done more for me than I can ever repay. You've shown me far more than hospitality; you've show me love, compassion, and what it means to truly care. You never gave up on me, not even when things seemed impossible. I only know what true love is thanks to you, and if you feel the same, which I hope you do..you'll say yes to a lifetime of me proving my love for you every single day we spend together. Will you marry me?"
I was taken off guard, that's for sure, and I knew there were people watching through the large windows in the front of the manor where the party was held. It took me only a second to realize that this was why she wanted us to wear such different clothing. It wasn't like a woman to propose to a man, it was even frowned upon in some cases, but with the both of them dressed like this..who could tell? It simply looked like a proposal.
Sometimes I forget how clever you are. I thought.

Give me a lifetime to remind you, then. Now can I have an answer? My knee hurts. I could hear (Y/N)'s thoughts bouncing around in my head. That's right, she could hear me.
I snapped back to the reality before me, a quick response coming out of my mouth that I wasn't prepared for, but don't regret. "Yes, of course, how stupid could you be to think I'd say no?"

(Y/N) sprang up, practically stumbling to stand properly and pull me into a hug. She spun me around, encouraged by the cheers that had erupted from inside the hall while people flooded out to congratulate us. Most had no idea who we were, but it was something to celebrate rather than mourn. Regardless, who's to say any of them would recall it the next morning. For now, I wasn't worried. I wasn't worried about anyone else but the girl before me who I was prepared to dedicate my life to since day one. None of it mattered.
She was all that mattered.
The girl who will forever amaze me, the girl who I will never fully understand, and the girl I'm going to spend my eternity with.