Chapter 28

Really long chapter by the way.

Alois and I fell asleep in each others arms last night. Surprisingly it was nice to be cuddled by him. I was having a nice dream for once until-

"It's morning your highness, Lady
(Y/N)." Claude greeted while opening the curtains. I practically went blind as light flooded the room.
"Thanks Claude, you can go away now." Alois mumbled and hid his face under the covers.
I chuckled and went under the blanket, kissing Alois' forehead. "Let's get up."

I heard Claude sigh, along with footsteps after. I assumed he left.
Alois smiled and pulled me close, nuzzling into my neck, "Hmm...no."

"Alois we have to get up." I said while fighting back a smile.

"But you're comfy!"

"But it's morning."

"But I want to cuddle."

"But I'm hungry."

"But I don't want to move."

"But I don't care."

"But I love you."

I smiled and hugged him. "I love you too, now can we get breakfast?"
Alois nodded and yawned while sitting up. I did the same.
"You're adorable by the way." He giggled and pecked my cheek before getting up out of bed and to the closet.

I blushed lightly and went out from under the warm sheets and to the closet as well.
"Can you help me get dressed?" He asked, getting his usual attire. I grabbed one of his white shirts and shorts to wear. Turning redder at his request, I nodded.

He smirked and removed his night shirt. I had to resist staring. I felt like the time I saw Ciel shirtless...wait! I shook my head, no thinking of him. Alois stood there in nothing but his underwear. "Are you going to help, or stare?"
"Stare...oh! Uh, I mean help!" I laugh nervously and hold up his shirt. He slid his arms through the sleeves. I began to button it up quickly.
Next I took his vest and helped Alois put it on.

"I can do the rest myself. Unless you don't mind doing it for me." He purred.

"N-No, you can do it yourself." I mumble softly.
Alois laughed at my shyness and slipped his shorts and socks on. He had to do that sexy snap at the end when he pulled up his sock, releasing it. I avoid eye contact once he was done.
"Hey, (Y/N), help tie my bow." He said while picking up a black ribbon.

"Sure thing." I smile and walk over to him, tying it into a bow around his lower neck.
"Good?" I asked.

He pulled me close by the waist, kissing me softly. "Very."
I grin and wrap my arms around Alois' neck, "Breakfast?"

"Yes." He responded and picked me up bridal style. I gasped and clung to him as he carried me to the dining area. Being extremely lazy, I remained in the clothes I slept in last night.

'I held Ciel this way a few times...' I thought and bit lip in frustration.
Alois looked down. "Are you alright? You looked upset."
I nodded and put on a smile. "Yep! Sorry, just a random thought was all."

He nodded and set me down in a chair, taking a seat beside me.
Claude walked into the room soon after we sat. "What would you like for breakfast?"
"Pancakes." I state. "Oh, I forgot to say please."
Alois nodded. "I'll have the same."
Claude bowed and walked towards the kitchen.

--------------

"That was really good." I comment while pushing the now empty plate away.
"Yes it was." Alois burped and rubbed his stomach.
"What next?" I ask, looking at him.
"Um...a walk in the garden? Let's work off these pancakes." He offered.
"Great idea." I grin and stand up. He does the same and walks over to me, extending his hand.

I took it as he pulled me out the doors. There was a rather large maze in the back of Alois' mansion; twists and turns everywhere, leading to the clock tower.
"Would you like to go on an adventure?" He asked, plastering on a playful smirk.

"Of course. I'm always up for a challenge." I cross my arms after releasing his hand.
"First one to the clock tower wins!" He shouted and took off.

"Hey, not fair Trancy!" I complain and chase after him.
We split at a cross path.
Ready to sprout my wings, I come to a halt.
Right after I got ready to take off Alois called to me, "No wings!!"

"Shit!" I groan in annoyance and push them back inside. "Okay I got this."

-------------

"Y-You...cheated..." I pant while slumped against the wall.
"Did not. I just know this maze by heart." He chuckled.

"Still not fair. I should have been allowed to use my wings." I shot back, growing slightly irritated.

"Woah there, alright, alright. My apologies."

"You mean it?"

"Yes, I'm sorry (Y/N)."

"Thank you, Alois." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He hugged back and buried his face in the crook of my neck.
"Let's go back inside."

"Yeah we probably should." I chuckle and play with his blonde hair.
He nodded and pulled away, grabbing my hand intertwining our fingers.
I squeeze his hand gently as we walk inside the manor.

Hannah came to greet us. "Is there anything you would like, master? Lady (Y/N)?"
Alois scoffed and was about to speak, but I beat him to it,
"Actually a glass of juice would be appreciated, Hannah. Thank you."

She smiled softly and bowed, scurrying off to the kitchen.
"Where's Claude?" He sighed.

"You don't like Hannah?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"No, not particularly. She's an embarrassment."

"How so?"

"She's obnoxious and seeks pity. Especially with that damn bandage she wears over her eye."

"What happened to her eye?"

"She looked me in the eyes, an impolite move for a maid. So I took one out."

"Hm, interesting. I guess it makes sense, but that a little harsh. Even for a demon to experience."

"Oh well, who cares anyway. She means nothing to me."

Before I could respond, Hannah returned with the water. I smiled and took it, our hands touching slightly. Suddenly I felt dizzy. Leaning back into the door, I shakily hold the glass in my hands.

"(Y/N)?!" Alois called, helping me stand.
Hannah looked taken aback. She stared at me and mouthed, 'Can you tell?'
I nod slowly. She had a soul inside her, and it wasn't her own. Demons don't have souls...they eat them. She has Lukas.
Hannah has Lukas soul.