Chapter 5

•Your POV•

I can't believe there had to be a storm tonight. I don't want to appear weak around Ciel. After hearing the thunder though, I couldn't help but cling to him. Nikki usually helps me through things like this.
"It's ok (Y/N)." Ciel hugged me back. I relaxed and let the tears flow again.
"Thank you..." I mumble, burying my face in the crook of his neck. I feel myself being lifted off the floor and onto the bed. Ciel then put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.
Boom
I jumped and clung closer to him. He pulled me into a hug and sighed.
"It's late and storming. Do you want to stay the night?"

I perked up a bit when he asked me to stay over. "Really? Thank you, Ciel!" I smiled and hugged him tighter. I noticed him blush before he hid his head behind me.
"Do you want to talk?" He asked.
"Yea. Something to take my mind off things." I responded.
"Alright. Why are you afraid of storms?"

I tensed at his question. 'I have to tell someone what happened. Nikki doesn't even know...' I took a deep breath before explaining.

~FLASHBACK~
I ran through the halls trying to find my parents. "Mommy?! Daddy?!" I shouted. Lightning flashed, making me jump. "Where are you?" I cried falling to the floor. I wasn't there for ten seconds before I heard a sudden crash, followed by screams from downstairs. By the time I made it, it was to late. My mother lay dead in a pool of her own blood.
"Dad?" I asked. He was holding a gun in his hands, regret filled his eyes.
"I-Its not my fault...No. You! It's all your fault!" He screamed at me. "You killed her!"
"What?" Tears filled my eyes.
"You saw didn't you? You're going to go tell on me!" He continued, the gun now pointed at me.
He looked angry at first, ready to pull the trigger. And he did, but not at me. "I'm sorry (Y/N)." Those were my fathers last words before a shot rang out and his body crumpled.
~End of flashback~

"It all happened so fast. It was a lot to process for a six year old." I finished my story. Ciel sat there staring for a second before he looked away. "What's the matter?" I asked while placing a hand on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, (Y/N). My parents died too." He said, his voice full of grief.
"What happened?" I inched closer and took his hand in mine. I soon found out that Ciel's parents died and burned along with the manor on his tenth birthday, and ended up being taken and marked by a group of masked strangers. Soon after he summoned Sebastian.

"C-Ciel..." I was speechless. 'He's gone through so much.' I thought. The only thing I could think to do was hug him. So I did. I wrapped my arms around his small stature and kissed his cheek. We stayed like that before Sebastian came in. "Young master-" He looked at us before smirking. "I apologize for interrupting, but it is time for bed."

Ciel pulled away and wiped a few tears. I did the same before getting up. "Thank you for allowing me to stay the night. I will escort myself downstairs."

I was nearly out the door before Sebastian stopped me, "The couch can't be comfortable. There are no guest beds available, but if you like you may sleep here." He gestured towards Ciel's bed. Ciel and I exchanged surprised glances. My expression soon turned into a smirk and I said, "Sure. I can sleep here."

(I apologize for not finishing the sentence before.)