Chapter 54

Once everything was situated, Ciel, Sebastian, and I walked out and to the carriage. I climbed into the back with my bluenette as the butler sat in the front. I felt a jolt once we began moving, causing me to jump slightly in surprise.
"(Y/N), are you alright?" Ciel blinks, wrapping one arm around my waist.

"Yes," Nodding, I smile softly, "The sudden movement just scared me a bit."

"I take it you don't ride in carriages often?" He chuckled.

"Is it that obvious? I mean, come on, I have wings. There's not much of a reason for me to use this sort of transportation." I explain simply, gazing out the window after.

"Ah, I nearly forgot you could fly." The younger demon agreed, his eyes following mine as we both watch the trees blend together in bunches of green.
Soon enough, we reached town; Ciel and I stepping out onto the pavement as soon as the carriage stopped.

"What's first?" Tilting my head, I rocked on the back of my heels.

"We'll need to go retrieve my young masters new walking stick." Sebastian spoke up.

"New one? What happened to the other that I was using when we first met?" I asked curiously, "It seemed fine to me."

"Finnian snapped it." The butler grumbled.

My (E/C) eyes grew wide. "Not intentionally, right?"

"No, not exactly. He was trying to polish it, but applied far too much pressure; causing the middle to snap." The bluenette waved his hand in annoyance as he spoke.
I had to conceal my laughs with my hand. Just the thought of poor Finnys mortified expression amuses me.

"Well," Ciel coughed, shooting me a mixed look. "Let's get going, we have quite a bit to get done."

------------------

"Ah, Earl!" The man behind the counter greeted while flashing a grin, "What can I do for you?"

"We're looking for the walking stick my butler had ordered and customized last week, it's due to be picked up today." Ciel spoke so smoothly, almost as if he's repeated that sentence multiple times a month.

"Oh, you mean that rather short one that came in with this mornings delivery? I was wondering who could something so small." The clerk chuckled, disappearing into the back.

I couldn't help myself, I burst into a fit of laughter while holding my stomach. "H-How often do y-you hear that..?? Haha.."

"Far too many times," He muttered. "I'm glad it amuses you so."

"Every order we place, the new employees always comment on how short it is; since most children have no need for such things." Sebastian snickered, retrieving the case from the clerk once he entered back into the main room.

"Thank you, keep the extra." The demon sat a bag of coins on the desk before stepping out with the rest of us.

"I need to tag along more often with you two." Grinning, I skip along side them, taking a turn towards one of the Funtom shops.
"Next we need to check inventory." The bluenette explained, pulling a paper from his coat pocket.
I glance over, leaning my head closer to read the print. At that moment, I felt someone brush past me. My eyes cast up to catch a glimpse of a purple coat before it disappears out the door.
'Alois?'