Chapter 29

Credit to this amazing art goes too MikiLuvzAnime !! Thank you so so much for this, it's absolutely awesome.

Also, I am FREAKING OUT. Over 11k reads?! Holy crap! I want to thank everyone for being so supportive and patient with my fanfic so far. So as a thanks, I might put in a special smut chapter. If you want it, comment here. Thanks again!

I clutched my chest, breathing heavily. "What's wrong? (Y/N)?" Alois shook my shoulders from behind.
My eyes widen as I stand back up.
"L-Luka...oh god..." I stare into the cold, visible eye of the demon who took such an innocent child.

"What? What about him?" Alois asked.

"Hannah. Why?" I walk over to her. "Why would you do that?"

"He made a contract, he had a wish. When that wish was fulfilled..." She looked down.

"A boy his age? What did he want?"

"For them all to burn."

"...the fire. The village fire." My eyes widen. "You caused that?"

Hannah nodded slowly.

"What's going on?" Alois asked, looking back and forth from us.
I continue to stare at Hannah, unmoving. My eyes asked her if I could tell him what really happened to his brother.
She nodded again.

I turn to Alois and smile. "I need to explain something to you, okay? Something important."
Alois frowned. "What?"

I rested my hand on his back, leading him to the couch. We both sat down.
"Do you know what caused that fire at the village?" I asked softly.
Alois shook his head. "N-No...it just seemed to spark out of nowhere."

"Alright. And Luka," I wrap my arm around his shoulder. "He died?"

"Wh-When I found him...his eyes were empty, faded..." Alois' eyes watered.
I frown and pull the blonde into a tight embrace.
"I'm going to tell you something, Alois. Okay?"

Alois nodded. "A-Alight..."

"Hannah...she has Lukas-" I pause and take a breath, "Lukas soul."
The boy just blinked. "What?"

"Luka made a deal with Hannah to have the village burn down, then she had to take his soul."

Alois seemed to stare into nothingness. "It's my fault." He mumbled. "I told Luka I wanted them all to burn...h-he sacrificed himself for me." The blondes eyes filled with tears.

I pull him into me as buried his face in the crook of my neck. Alois' sobs were heart breaking.
I rub his back soothingly. "It was in no way your fault."

Hannah made herself scarce at some point during this.
I didn't know what to do after telling him.

"I-It's all my fa-fault..." Alois cried. "I can't believe this. After all I've done to Hannah while she had Luka..."

"Shh, you couldn't have known. Just calm down, love." I smile and kiss his head.
His icy eyes clashed with my (E/C) ones in a piercing gaze.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." His voice was small and strained. I nod, "No need to thank me."

"I got you something, for thanks...you've helped me. And after telling me that, you deserve it." Alois smiled before getting up and waking off.
I play with my (H/C) hair while waiting. 'I wonder what it is?'

Not long after, the boy returned with a neatly wrapped box. He sat beside me and held it out. "Open it."
With a smile and small blush, I nod.
But before I could even take the box, a crash was heard, followed by the door bursting open.

Who I saw in the door caused me a mix of guilt, annoyance, and happiness. I wasn't able to say his name before Alois did.

"Ciel?!"