Chapter 4

•Ciel's POV• ( 'Cause I can )

I was surprised when I found myself laughing. I haven't laughed like that in years. But there was something about (Y/N) that made her different.
She extended her hand and helped me up. "Here." She gave me my eyepatch, but I decided not to wear it.

I began to set up the board and place the pieces. Once ready, (Y/N) and I sat on opposite sides, ready to begin. Being a gentleman, I let her make the first move. Well that was a big mistake. She definitely did not play like a girl because somehow, (Y/N) beat me.
"H-how did you do that??" I questioned, staring at her.

She smirked and shrugged. "I guess I'm just better than you~"
"Is that a challenge?" I asked tauntingly.
"If you want it to be, then yes." She matched my tone.

And that's how it began, two hours we spent in my study playing chess. With the exception of Sebastian bringing tea and snacks a few times. (Y/N) and I ended up tying, 27-27.
"I haven't had a worthy opponent in a long time. I look forward to playing against you in the future." I bowed towards her.

She smiled and bowed as well. "I had a wonderful time, thank you Ciel."
"Young master, dinner is ready." Sebastian entered the room.
"Alright. We will be down." I said while waving him off.
"Are you sure about me staying for dinner? I don't want to intrude." (Y/N) said while looking down. I smiled and tilted her head up using my index finger.
"It's fine, (Y/N). You are my guest. What kind of a host would I be if you left on an empty stomach?"

I noticed blush spread across her face when she looked me in the eye.
"O-okay..."

She helped me tie eyepatch on before I asked, "Shall we go, my lady?" I held my hand out and she took it. 'She is so cute.' I thought, forgetting about Lizzie for the time being. We walked downstairs and sat at the table. (Y/N) sat across from me.
Sebastian pushed the cart in while announcing what we will be having, but I completely tuned him out and allowed myself to admire her features. Her beautiful (H/L) (H/C) hair and
(E/C) eyes.
"Uh, Ciel?" (Y/N)'s voice pulled me out of my daydream. "Oh, um...yes?" I asked while gathering my thoughts.
"You were kind of staring at me." She stated, a smirk playing on her lips.
"I was not."
"Yes you were. I saw you stare at me."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"Nope."
"Yep."
"Nope."

That little argument lasted the rest of dinner. 'Why am I allowing myself to act childish around her?' I thought. 'I never act this ridiculous...'
My thoughts were interrupted by a clap of thunder outside.
Boom
"Great, a storm." I mumbled. There was another roar of thunder and I noticed (Y/N) jump from across the table.

"(Y/N), are you-" I wasn't able to finish before there was a flash of lightning and she darted up the staircase.
"Hey!" I stood up and took off after her. 'Bloody hell she's fast.'

I searched all through the manor until I reached my room and heard a sniffle from under the bed. "(Y/N), you under there?" I asked. I saw her tear stained face come out from under the bed, but it soon disappeared when there was more thunder.
Boom
"Its ok, come on out from under there." I cooed while putting my hand down. She slowly came out from under the bed looking terrified. "Ciel, I-"
Boom
She jumped again, but this time she ended up pulling me into a hug.