Chapter 61

'A BALL??' Ciel's thoughts bounced around my brain, causing me to laugh as I turned to Nina.
"Almost done?"

"Mhm! And it looks beautiful~!" The tailor chimed, fixing a few of the ruffles with a proud smile painted across her cheeks. The dress was turquoise, white, and black; the best colour combination possible.
It started with black ruffles around the shoulders that continued under the arm and to the back, where it stopped at a white ribbon just as black lace began. The lace wound down to the lower back, at another white bow at the end.

From the centre of the dress- the waist- black and turquoise stripes spun around in a spiral towards the ruffles at the bottom. The top section was mostly white except for a black rose that lied directly in the middle of the chest, two white petals lied on either side.

In other words, it looked beautiful.

"Thank you, Nina, I owe you." I grin brightly and pull the tailor into a tight hug, feeling one back not too long after.

"As long as I get to dress you up after, I don't mind at all." She chuckled. "Now I'm off to find that sexy maid Mey-Rin, you two have fun!" With that, Nina scurried her way out, and Ciel quickly found his way inside moments after.

"Okay, you have a lot to explain to me. Starting now." Although his tone was irritated, it was evident that the bluenette wasn't as angry as he seemed.

"Well, I wanted to take you with me on one of my soul collections, which happens to take place when a man gets drunk and falls off the balcony during a ball tonight at the royal hall. Of course, you don't want people recognizing you while around a half reaper like me so it only makes sense that you'd wear a disguise." I explained while trying to conceal the smug grin that tried to spread across my face.

Ciel raised a brow. "Are you sure it's not just because you want to see me in the dress and pigtails again? I thought we'd agreed that I'm never going out in public like that."

"Yeah, well," I motioned to the newly tailored dress. "this isn't that dress, it's new. So it doesn't count."

"You're more evil than a demon." The shorter boy chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Although, was Grell necessary to my capture? Do you understand how obnoxious he was? You may as well have locked me away somewhere and I still would've preferred that over dealing with that twit for longer than a few minutes."

"Oh, he's not too bad.." I trailed off, putting my hands in my pockets at the same time loud footsteps could be heard down the hallway.
Grell's voice echoed louder, though. "Bassy~! Come here, my love!! I've missed you so!"

Ciel turned to gaze at me questioningly, to which I sighed in defeat. "Look, he's my mentor, I can't help it. Besides, I needed someone who could withhold a demon. There's no chance that William would come and assist."

"That's true, he does despise all demons. Regardless, Grell is Sebastian's problem now. When is this ball?"

"Tonight at eight, so we have a few hours to prepare." I smiled softly, planning on wearing a suit that Sebastian was allowing me to borrow. Surprisingly, it fit quite well when I had tried it on earlier.
Ciel must have read my thoughts, because he began to also tap his foot in question. "Are you going to wear something of the men's formal wear department?"

"Yes, if you don't mind. Dresses bother me as you know." I shifted slightly, suddenly worried as to what Ciel would think.
Although, he just grinned and took my hands in his. "You'll look fantastic, I'm positive. Would you like to have lunch before getting ready?"

With a blush, I nodded, leaning forward to place a kiss on my lovers cheek. "I would love too. We should probably also check on Nina and Grell to make sure they aren't tearing the manor apart."

Ciel raised a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. "She has an obsession with my maid that I'll never understand. So, yes, it's best to go find both of those fools before any damage is caused."

------------

"You're so well endowed, my dear. It's such a shame it's hidden underneath that uniform~." Nina chimed with a devious tone, fondling Mey-Rins breasts without shame.
The maid squeaked and struggled to move, but was left too flustered to try anything. "I-I-I would appreciate if you would stop touching me, please!"

"But you can't keep everything to yourself! It's only fair that I can see you when you need a uniform repaired.." The tailor pouted, continuing to explore Mey-Rins curves.

"Nina, will you leave my staff alone?" Ciel grimaced, clearly angered by the brunette woman's actions. I trailed down the staircase behind him quietly.

"Don't be such a drag, darling. I'm just checking if she needs new measurements or not." Nina defended. "And it seems her chest has grown at least two centimeters, so I suppose I'll have to take her in for new ones incase."

"Miss Nina!" The maid gasped, squirming further from embarrassment. Sebastian was no where in sight. Well, neither was Grell, so that had to be why. But that just meant it was up to Ciel and I.
Finny and Baldroy weren't around either.

"I need the laundry washed. So unless you'll do it, I suggest you leave her be." The earl demanded, his exposed blue eye narrowing.
I gave Nina a pleading glance, mouthing 'I'll come see you later.'

Eventually, she obeyed, and allowed Mey-Rin to scurry off. "Fine, I see when I'm not wanted. It was a nice stay, though, and I appreciate the politeness of some people." She emphasized the 'some' while shooting a glare to Ciel.

Before Ciel could snap back a comment, I quickly stepped towards Nina with my arms outstretched. "It was very nice of you to help me, I appreciate it greatly. I'll come by your shop to visit, alright?"
The tailor flashed a toothy grin while pulling me into a hug. "Thank you, dear, you're very sweet. I hope to see you soon." With that, she gathered her things, and was out the door not long after. One down, one to go.

"Thank God, she's gone." Ciel breathed, leaning against the railing. "Now to find that blasted reaper."

I don't even know where to start, so I'll just apologize first.
I haven't updated in ages and that's my own fault due to things that have been happening recently. No excuses can be made. I hope that you all can forgive me for not only being a horrible author, but also leaving you all without a new chapter for months on end.