Chapter 17

•Your POV•

"This day was over to soon." I sigh as Ciel, Sebastian, and I began our walk back to the carriage. Dinner flew by as did the rest of the afternoon. Soon enough it was dark and we had to leave.

"Yes it was. We must return sometime in the near future." Ciel agreed. The walk was short, and so was the ride back to the manor. After about a half an hour I was waving goodbye to Ciel.
"It was a great day, thank you." I smile and kiss his cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

The bluenette blushed slightly and nodded, "I look forward to it."
I grinned and skipped off. I was in no hurry to go to headquarters so I decided to take a stroll through town.
Not many people were out at this time, but I continued to wander. Before long my clumsiness got the best of me and I ran into a tall blonde boy.

"I-I'm terribly sorry!" I apologize and moved out of the way. I looked up and immediately noticed his icy blue eyes.
'I've seen those eyes before...'

"It's alright." He smiled at me and brushed his shoulder, "Not your fault."
I never noticed his tall butler until the man spoke, "Your highness, is everything okay?"

"Yes, Claude. I'm fine." He giggled and turned back to me, "Well sorry about bumping into you!"
"I-It's okay. D-Don't worry!" I stutter.
'My head is pounding. Why is this boy so familiar..?' I thought and massaged my temples.

"Bye bye now." He waved and began walking away. I watched him as he took off, suddenly feeling a wave of dizziness.

*Flashback*

"(Y/N)!" Jim shouted with Luka beside him.
"Coming!" I laughed and ran with my two best friends. We were together at the edge of the town. Our village was small and hidden, not many people paid attention to us children. We were always overlooked by anyone but our parents.

"Let's play a game." Luka suggested.

"Okay! How about tag?" I offered.

"Sound like fun!" Jim grinned that smile that could light up a room. The three of us nodded in agreement. As usual, Jim and I looked at each other then back at Luka.
"You're it!" We both yelled and took off.

"No fair! You guys always do this!" Luka whined and tore after us. We ran around until the three of us collapsed in the grass panting.

"Y-You cheated. Again." The younger red head complained.

"No. Y-You are too slow." I giggled.

"Yea Luka, speed up." Jim laughed.

"I'm short!" Luka giggled too.

I only had two friends, but I was happy. I learned to be happy with the little I had.

*End of flashback*

I remember. I remember that smile. I remember that laugh and those cold yet kind eyes. I remember Jim Macken. I couldn't stop myself, I called after him, "Jim?"

The blonde froze on the spot. I stood there as he turned on his heals.
"Me?" He asked slowly.

"I-I guess. Is your name Jim Macken?" My voice cracked.

"H-How do you know m-my real name?"

"Real name?"

"I'm Alois Trancy. No one has called me Jim in years..."

"Alois Trancy? Did Luka change his name too?"

"Luka?" He began to tear up, "How the hell do you know all of this? About Luka and my name?"

"You don't remember me?"

"What?"

"It's (Y/N)! Jim if it is you, we were friends in that village. We played all the time with Luka. Before it burned down and my parents took me away...before you went missing."

"(Y-Y/N)?" His eyes widened, "(Y/N) (L/N)?"

"You remember me!" I smiled and pulled him into a hug. My tears spilled from my eyes, "I thought I would never see you again..."

After a few seconds, Jim, well Alois now, hugged back. I could hear his sniffles when he hugged tighter.
"Where's Luka?" I whispered when we pulled away. Alois immediately began to sob.

"H-He's dead. Luka burned along with the village." He covered his face with his hands.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I hugged him again and buried my head in the crook of his neck, "You had to live alone for years. What are you doing now?"

"I-I don't want to cry here. You can come back to my manor." He grabbed my shoulders and gave a sad smile.
"Sure," I followed him, "Who's that man by the way?" I gestured towards the guy who strangely resembles Sebastian. Well except for his glasses and unnatural golden eyes.
"Oh. That's Claude my butler." He responded.

"He's a demon, correct?" I asked casually.

"...Yes. How did you-?"

"Oh, heh, I never told you. Well we did just reunite after years. I'm a reaper now with...abilities. I can sense him and it's the smell of a demon."

"Okay then," Alois chuckled, "What powers do you have?"

I was unable to answer before Claude interrupted, "You are a hybrid. Half angel and reaper. It took me awhile to place your unfamiliar smell."

"Well aren't you a clever one?" I pat him on the back, "You are in fact correct."

"Really??" Alois smiled widely, "Amazing! Do you have wings? What can you do?"

"Well for starters," I walked over and picked the blonde up, "Super strength."
Alois gasped and threw his arms around my neck, "Wow (Y/N)!"

"Heh." I chuckle and look around, there was nobody around so I decided to surprise my childhood friend, "Want to fly, Alois?"
"Yea! I want to see your wings!" He squealed like a child. Although he was about my age, I always loved how positive he was about everything. His bubbly and happy personality made it hard to be sad around him.

"Ready?" I asked while stretching my back muscles, ripping a pair of wings through my shirt. One pitch black and one pure white as usual. Alois' eyes got so wide I thought they would pop out of his head.
"Woah they are beautiful!" He awed and looked them over, feeling the top feathers. I sighed in content and enjoyed the feeling of my feathers being stroked.

"How fast can you fly?" He averted his gaze to me.
"Let's find out. Claude can go through the woods. We'll be above." I said and looked at the golden eyed demon. Claude agreed and I grinned.

"Let's do this." I beat my wings and tear towards the sky. My hair whips around while I fly carrying Alois in my arms. He laughed and clung tighter to me. I loved the cold night air against my skin.
'What could be greater than what I have right now? I'm with Ciel and I managed to find one of my old best friends. This is all too perfect...' I smiled widely, 'Happiness.'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So what do you guys think? How does being childhood friends sound? Please comment what you think. Thanks!