Chapter 22

My deepest apologies to those who read the chapter before completion. I accidentally published it and some read before my wifi decided to not be slow and allow me to unpublish the chapter. This one is done so if you don't mind finishing it from where I left off, thank you.

•Your POV•

"I had a great time with you." Alois smiled as we strolled through his garden.
"As did I. You have a lovely manor." I said while plucking a bluebell. Alois chuckled a bit and stroked the petals of each flower.

"Bluebells are my favorite." He sighed.

"They are beautiful, aren't they." I agreed and put the flower in Alois' blonde hair, "Perfect~!"
He blushes and lightly touches it. I grin and skip around happily.
"Hey, um, (Y/N)..." Alois spoke nervously.
"Yes?" I walk back over to the blushing blonde.

"I-I have something to tell you." He stated.
"Alright, shoot." I nod.

"I...I love..."

"You love pancakes?"

"No! I love-"

"Oh! You love bluebells?"

"No! Damnit (Y/N) I love you!" He blurted and pulled me into a kiss. My head buzzed and I froze. He pulled away and looked at me expectantly.
"Alois, I-"

"(Y/N)! Is this what you've been doing? Kissing instead of working?" A voice sounded angry. I turn around, oh god.

"W-William. Hey..!" I stutter and smile, "How have you been?"

"Don't try anything with me. You never returned last night or any time today. And you obviously seem in a hurry to return."

"I am! I just got sidetracked and-"

"No excuses, say bye to your friend here and come with me. I sense demons and the smell is nauseating."

"Alois, I'm sorry...I have to go..." I look down to avoid eye contact with him.

"It's okay, go on. He seems angry enough." Alois chuckled lightly and hugged me.
Of course, I hugged him back. My feelings were jumbled but I had to give a proper goodbye to an old friend.

"Let's go (Y/N)! Cut the love crap and come along." William basically spat. He frightened me severely.

"Bye." The blonde mumbled before releasing me and taking off towards his manor.
I felt terrible. Will gave me a look and beckoned me over. Reluctantly I followed slowly behind the reaper all the way to headquarters.
What happened to the happy feelings from before? Now all I feel is sadness and hatred. On top of that I'll be having paperwork and overtime until I'm dead. And that will be a long time.

Well one things for sure, I don't know how I feel about Alois. Ciel is being an ass, yes, but Alois is my best friend. No he wants to be more than that. What do I do now?
"Love and feelings are complicated." I groan.

"Maybe if you returned on time nothing would have happened." William said and smirked.

"Shut up." With that, I took off towards my 'home'.