Chapter 48

"Because I love you." Nikki looked me in the eye.
"Love you too, Nik." I smiled widely.

"...(Y/N), I mean a different love." She leaned in and kissed me softly.
My eyes grow wide as my body stiffens. 'What am I supposed to do??'
Before I could process what was happening, Ciel stormed over and tore Nikki away from me.
I heard her fall to the floor with a thud as the blunette scoffed. "Don't touch her like that."

"Ciel, don't be rude." I shoot him a glare before heading over to my friend, helping her up.
"N-No, he's right..I shouldn't have kissed you," She rubbed the back of her head nervously. "It wasn't my place."

"Nikki, plea-" I cut myself off after she ran out of the room.
I knew she was obviously upset, I wanted to go after her, but part of me thought to leave her alone.
Ciel sighed from behind me. "What is with you, (Y/N)? You're like a magnet for problems."
Shooting him a glare, I walk over to Sebastian.

The taller demon looked to me. "Shall I go see if she is alright?"
"As long as you don't mind, that is.." I peer up to him hopefully.
He chuckles, bowing with a hand over his heart. "Yes, my lady." With that, the raven haired butler disappeared out the door; leaving me, Ciel, and the dead bodies of my parents.

"Well...this is interesting." The smaller demon spoke up.
I nodded. "Indeed it is. Now I know my parents are actually dead this time and won't come back to haunt me."

Ciel smirked, making ghost like sounds while wiggling his fingers.
I snicker and slap his hands away. "No, bad Ciel. Too soon for a joke."

"I was hoping to cheer you up...and make you forgive me for shoving Nikki away like I did.." His eyes averted to the floor.
"It's alright. I just...know what it's like to love someone for awhile and hold it in. I've known Nikki for years now, so she must have been masking her feelings for so long.." Biting my lip, I lean against the wall. "I just want her to know I'm not upset with her for kissing me."

Ciel nodded in agreement. "You aren't upset with me?"

I smile softly. "No, I'm not. Let's get out of here, okay?"
Hand in hand, I headed back to the manor with my bluenette.

IT IS SHORT, I KNOW, IM SORRY!! I haven't had much time to sit and write today.
Thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday, I appreciate it so much. As promised, I have my new Cielois story published. It's called The Blonde Demon Next Door, and I have the first chapter up and ready! So check it out, please!