Chapter 40

Making our way down the stairs, Ciel and I entered the main ball room. Sebastian and the other servants were awaiting for our arrival. As soon as we stepped inside: Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finny all cheered a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" in unison.
I grinned to Ciel, whom seemed surprised by the outburst.
"Thank you all so much.." The bluenette smiled softly. "I appreciate all of your efforts on my birthday today."

"Oh, no need to thank us!" Finny stated. "Lady (Y/N) and Sebastian were the ones who took care of most of the preparations."
I look to Sebastian and flash a grin before turning back to the trio. "Don't act like you three didn't help at all! You deserve the recognition as well."

"I'm still going to thank you all." Ciel chuckled lightly. "Now, let's ready ourselves before the guests arrive."

"Yes, my lord!" Everyone, including myself, bowed to show they understood before dispersing.
Ciel shook his head at me. "You sure fit in well with this lot."
"I should by now." I nod in agreement with his statement.
With that, the younger demon and I made our way to the front doors. I heard carriages begin to pull up to the front doors, so I prepared myself. But before I could, the doors opened and something tackled me to the ground.

"(Y/N)!! How dare you abandon me like that?!" The force shouted down at me. I dizzily looked up to see an angry Nikki sitting on my hips.

"O-Oh, Nikki!" I gasp while shooting up, tackling my best friend in a hug. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I was leaving for awhile!"

She simply giggled in response. "I was only teasing you. I'm sure you were getting busy with Mister Phantomhive over there~." Nikki purred playfully.
The two of us glance to Ciel, whom currently has a rather red face.
I burst into a fit of laughter at his reaction. "Y-Yes, we have been."

"I knew it! I want to see it the next time you do it. For...um..ya know, proof." She smirked a bit.
"I'm sure my bluenette won't mind. Isn't that right, master~?" I use a seductive tone.
Ciel's eyes widen and his blush deepens. "Of course I'll mind! I'm not allowing her to watch our--...activities.."

It was Nikkis turn to laugh, "Activities?? He is too adorable, (Y/N)! Nice catch."
I nod quickly. "Oh, yes, I agree."
The younger demon huffed.

"Ah! Nikki, I nearly forgot! I must introduce you to someone!" I gasp when remembering Sebastian. "Ciel, greet the guests for me for a bit, yeah? I'll return momentarily."
He nodded in response while watching me drag Nikki over to the demon butler.

"Hello, Sebastian!" I smile to him once discovering where he was located.
"Oh, Lady (Y/N)," He turned to face me. "Who's your friend?"

"This is Nikki, the girl I told you about before." I smile excitedly.
Nikki only looked confused.
Sebastian's face, on the other hand, lit up completely as he looked her over. "So you're the feline shape shifter?"

"Hm? Oh, yes, I am. I assume (Y/N) told you." She replied.
"May I see?" He asked hopefully.

My friend looked to me with questioning glance before changing into a black cat with golden eyes. "I'm guessing that you're a fan of black cats, so here you are. Mew~!"
Sebastian gasped down at her. He then swooped her up into his arms quickly after. "You have the elegant features of both a human and feline! With the possibility of changing into any of that race! How fascinating!"

A giggle leaves my lips as I take in the scene before me.
A demon cooing over a cat, and a pretty surprised slash flustered shape shifter in his arms.

Hearing more voices crowd the room, I turn around to see that there are many more people in the hall than I anticipated. To top it off, Ciel was busy talking with guests.
'I guess I'll find the servants.' I thought to myself. Quickly, I search around until I find them leaning against the back wall, talking amongst themselves.

"Hey, guys!" I call to the trio while making my way towards them.

"Lady (Y/N)! What are you doing over here?" Mey-Rin asked.
"Yeah, ya should be with the young master." Bard added.

"He's speaking with some guests, so I needn't disturb. Why are you all back here?" I tilt my head.

"Servants should wait to serve the others. We need to be available, not away doing our own things." Finny stated.

"Oh, come on! Sebastian can handle things for awhile." I plead with them. "There's a poker game going on over in the corner, want to watch?"

The servants all shrugged while exchanging nervous glances.
"I suppose it's alright.." Finny trailed off.

"See? It'll be great." I grin. Quickly, I lead them over to a table.
A girl with shorter brown hair smirked wickedly as the last guy sat down his cards. "I win again~." A smirk plays at her lips as she folds her hands.

"Of course you do, Addie," Ronald, one of the reapers, sighed. "You always kick our assess when playing anything involving gambling."
"What can I say?" Addie fixes the purple ribbon in her hair. "It's a natural gift."

"Pfft." He rolled his green eyes.

"Oi, Addilyn!" A voice called, followed by footsteps.
I recognized that voice.

"Alois!" She waves him over. The two hug with a smile.
A sudden pain stung my chest as I watched them.

"I assume you've won again?" The blonde chuckled after noticing how pissed the others were.

"Of course I have," She nodded with a triumphant nod.
Before I knew it, the two walked away laughing together. By best friend, and whoever the hell that girl was to him, didn't even bother to acknowledge me.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" Mey-Rin tapped my shoulder.
"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." I lied through my teeth while plastering on a grin.
"Alright..." Bard obviously didn't believe me.

"You three can go back now, I'm sorry for wasting your time." I frown a bit before disappearing in the crowd. They called for me, but I refused to look back towards them.

'This is nothing like I'd hoped.' I thought. 'Where is Ciel..?'

Wandering around for ten minuets, I finally spotted the bluenette.
No wonder why he wasn't responding to my thoughts.

He had that girl, Addilyn, all over him.

Here, have a cliff hanger that was worse than the one before! Because I'm a good Senpai like that. I do have the next one written already, so I'll publish it soon. See you guys! Forgive me please!