Chapter 20

Before you people start reading I want to thank you all so much! 4k reads and counting! I love all you guys so much. Thank you for those who stuck with my story and kept reading. I really appreciate it~!

(N/N)=Nickname
--------------------------------------------

•Your POV•

There was a sudden flash of lightning, I buried my face in the pillow. 'Why? Why does it have to storm?' I thought and squeaked at a clap of thunder. No one was here to comfort me. Therefore I was on my own to fight my worst fear. Every time I looked up the walls appeared to be closing in on me.
"C-Ciel...Nikki...someone." I cried silently until I heard the creek of an opening door. My head shot up to see a trembling Alois squeezing a pillow.

"Alois?" I mumble and stare at him. His hair was a mess and his face stained with tears, "What's wrong? Come here." I sit up and pat the bed. There was a flash and Alois immediately ran over to me.
"(Y/N) I'm s-sorry to disturb you. I j-just don't like storms..." He sniffed.

"Awe, it's okay. I don't either." I hug him tightly. Alois hugged back and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I sighed and jumped at another boom. Alois' shivers showed me how scared he was. I feel so bad for him. How long has he been alone?

"Alois, calm down. Just lie down with me." I pull away and smile. The frightened blonde nodded and lied down beside me, cuddling against me. I hugged him again.
"T-Thank you so much. You must be afraid too..." He looked up at me.

"I am scared. But I have to be brave. And you can too." I reassure him and stroked his hair. I begin to sing a song I learned awhile ago from my mother as a young child:

"Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep.
I'm tired and I, I want to go to bed.
Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep.
And then leave me alone.
Don't try to wake me in the morning 'cause I will be gone.
Don't feel bad for me, I want you to know.
Deep in the cell of my heart I will feel so glad to go.

Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep.
I don't want to wake up on my own anymore.
Sing to me, sing to me.
I don't want to wake up on my own anymore.
Don't feel bad for me.
I want you to know.
Deep in the cell of my heart, I really want to go.

There is another world...
There is a better world...
Well there must be.
Well there must be.
Well there must be.
Well there must be.
Bye..."

I finished and smiled softly. Alois had fallen asleep, snoring quietly and peacefully. After a few minutes, I managed to sleep as well.

--------------

My eyes flutter open when a sudden light flooded the room. I slowly blink and turn my head to see Claude opening the window curtains. Alois was still asleep cuddled against me. I smiled at how innocent he looked.
"Breakfast will be served soon. Come down when ready." The butler spoke and pushed up his glasses. I nodded as he left the room.

"Alois~." I began to tickle his sides, "WAKE UP!!!"
He sprang up, laughing and gasping. I giggled and sat up as well.

"D-Don't do that again." The blonde was flustered from being scared.
"Yes your majesty." I teased and bowed. Alois laughed.

"I'm hungry, we should go eat." He offered and got out of the bed. I followed close behind, smiling to myself.
'I wonder if Alois knew Ciel, ' this thought randomly came to me. I could ask Alois now. Sure, nothing can go wrong.

"Hey, blondie!" I caught up beside him.

"Yes, (N/N)?" He responded.

"Do you know Ciel Phantomhive?"