~*Chapter 40*~

~Shai~

I tried to ignore all the calls and messages that Tyrone was leaving me where he apologized for what happened. He open handed hit my child and I wasn't going for that no matter how much he apologized for it. Quintin and I always said we'd never hit our kids, because we were hit when we were younger and we didn't want inflict that pain on them. Shai! Yeah, I said looking up at my co-worker, there is someone here for you. For me! Yeah, a nice-looking guy with flowers. I was highly confused as I walked to the front of the office to see Tyrone sitting there with a bouquet of Rose. Oh, this nigga is bold showing up to my job!

Tyrone what are you doing here? This is the only way I could get in touch with you, you not returning my phone calls. Duh and you know why too I said looking at the women walk past us. I am sorry Shai I was wrong for h...Ait don't say that in here I said pulling him outside. Come over here I said walking him away from the office where I knew they'd been watching the security cameras and listening to what he said. He couldn't come to my place of employment like this. Tyrone you can't just show up here, you know what kind of company I work for. You won't answer my calls and I am not showing up to your house, I don't want your father shooting me, he whispered. I chuckled a little bit cause he knows that ain't my biological father but he still refers to him as such and he also knows Pops will shoot him as well. Look I had no right to chastise your son that way with out your permission, I was just raised that you spare the rod you spoil the child. It's not about disciplining him Tyrone, it's about the fact that you didn't ask me if you could. How would you feel if I just started whooping your daughter with out any explanation to you? I'd be pissed and I'd probably cuss you out. Exactly! It's just been me and him and I don't want the first person I introduce him to, to break his trust. I get it I really do. These are for you and I want a chance to make things right between us and him. I don't want him growing up thinking that in order to get respect you have to hit people. You really mean that Tyrone! I sincerely do, I don't make it a habit of introducing women to my kids like that. You are the first woman who has met them. Really! Yeah, I am cautious because their mother isn't stable and in case you haven't noticed they have a lot of issues when it comes to other people, they aren't familiar with, but you were different they took to you immediately which made me realize that you are the one.

The one, are you proposing to me? If I was what would you say? I don't know, I don't know if I am ready yet to be honest. I have deep feelings for you Tyrone, but you don't love me. I don't know what it means to love anyone outside of his father, he's all I've ever known. He nodded sticking his hands in his pocket. Do you love me I said looking at him? Honestly! Of course, I said. I am in the same boat; their mother was my first literally and when she had them, I invested so much in us being a family that I just kind of closed off to other women. We aren't ready for marriage; I mean we're just getting use to raising kids. You right about that. I'd like to still see you and Quintin from time to time. You breaking up with me, I said looking at him. What do you mean he said looking up at me? I forgive you, for what you did and I want to try and make this work, but you leave the discipline to me. I can do that he said smirking at me. You better get back to work then Shai. It's Ms. Jackson to you I said laughing at little. He gave me a kiss before leaving me at work. Hmph ok Tyrone I mumbled going back into the building to see all the women looking at me. What! Ooo they all said smiling. Stop and go back to work I said going back to my desk with the flowers. I never felt this way about any other guy before, I had my little flings and shit, but no one has ever gotten close enough for me to introduce my child to them. We'll take it slow and see how things go with Tyrone.

After work I went by to check on Remi and Lisa's house while they were out of town. I know a couple of people have keys but they assured me that no one would be there while they were gone, so I was surprised to see a car parked in front of their house. Who the hell is this at they house I mumbled to myself as I parked in the drive way? I grabbed my pepper spray before getting out the car. As soon as I got out the car, the other car speed off down the street, but not before I got the license plate. I looked at the house and noticed there was something on the door step. It was letter and some flowers. I picked up the letter and noticed that it was from Nina. Ugh not this hoe again, what does she want this time I mumbled to myself flipping over the envelope a couple of times before picking up the flowers. Mhmp, she don't want this shit either. I dropped the flowers in the trash before going into the house to check it out. I searched the entire house set the alarm and went back to the car. Something told me that wasn't the first time that she'd been at the house so I left made a block and parked up the street from the house. Just as I thought the car came back and parked on the street. She got out of the car and walked around to the side of her car and stood there for a few minutes. I guess she noticed that I got rid of the flowers cause she shook her head and poured out what she was drinking on the lawn before getting in the car and driving off. She ain't even supposed to be coming to the house. I waited a little longer to see if she'd come back and when she didn't, I made my way home.