~*Chapter 44*~

~Lisa~

It's the wedding day and things are crazy, let's just say Remi worked herself into a frenzy and now isn't feeling the way she should for the day of her father's wedding. I am watching her go back and forth checking on things when she should be relaxing and getting ready with the girls. Naw I can't do this; I'll pick up the slack so she can go get ready. Babe! Yeah, baby she said moving around me. Stop I said grabbing her gently. She looked at me and I could tell she was doing too much, tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it so you can go sit down with the other girls. It's too much I got it Li. No, you don't, if you don't stop you are going to fall out girl and I know you not trying to have your father worrying about you being in the hospital? I am good honestly! Ok well let me help you, what do we need to do to finish out the ceremony space? She licked her lips before looking around, we just need to make sure the rows are aligned, check the speaker system, and make sure the florist doesn't bring in the wrong flowers. Ok and after that what about the reception area? The inside staff is taking care of that, we just need to make sure the cake is here and put into an area where it won't melt. Alright see baby we can do this I said rubbing her shoulders. Thank you for settling me down I know I go hard and it's because I want everything to be perfect for them. I understand that baby, but you also have to take care of yourself and think about your health as well. If you make yourself sick that wouldn't be good for anyone now. No, it wouldn't she said looking down. Come on now let's get this stuff done and then I want you to eat something and then go get glammed up so we can get some fire pictures. She nodded and smiled to me, I got you something it's with your attire in the room. What you get you me? It's a surprise we'll see it in the room. You sneaky Remi! I am something she said smirking, let's get this stuff done, cause I am starving. I know you are baby I said pecking her lips.

It's amazing how much you can get done when you have help, it wasn't 20 minutes after we started that Jade, Shai, and Danielle come out and help us get everything together. Cake is here and, in the walk in, making sure that it stays cold I said to Remi as she ate her lunch. Thanks, how does it look? It's beautiful! I was wondering what it looked like cause they wouldn't let me help with that, but that's ok cause I was able to do some stuff for us. Us! Mhm don't worry about it you'll see later she said winking at me. Let me taste some of that I said motioning for her to give me some of her food. It's good what is that? Coconut shrimp and pineapple rice. Damn where you get that from? Restaurant around the corner, here she said handing me a Styrofoam container, you didn't think I'd forget about you did you. Nope my baby always makes sure I am goo. We ate lunch together before going back to the hotel to get ready. Since she's a bride's maid they were all in the bride's suite getting ready and I was getting ready in our room getting ready. I'd just gotten out the shower and was oiling up when I saw the gift bag on the bed, I know this girl didn't I mumbled to myself, it was a gift bag from one of the little boutiques in Italy. I know she bought some stuff while we were over there, but I thought all of it was for the wedding and Pauline, I didn't think she bought me anything. I opened the bag and chuckled to myself, she really bought me that lingerie I thought she was buying for Pauline. Well I see Ms. Oluremi is trying to having something special going on after this wedding. I looked in the bag and saw a little black box as well. I know this girl didn't do what I think she did, I mumbled as I pulled out the box. I let out a deep breath before opening the box to reveal a pair of earrings and a bracelet. Aww my baby so sweet. They actually look like the necklace she got me a few months; I am starting think she's setting me up for something. I was about to discard the bag when I saw the card in it as well. I pulled it out and started reading it.

" Mon Cherie,

Words can't express what you mean to me and how I feel about you. I think back to when we were separated and I couldn't even imagine the day where we'd be traveling the world together. Making plans for the future and discussing what our family will be like. I'd lost all hope until I saw you again and I knew where I belong at the whole time and that's with you. I know we're embarking on a different journey right now, but please know that I'll always have your back and stand behind you through anything that comes your way. Congratulations on releasing your album overseas. The fans don't even know what you have in store for them baby. And yes the earrings and bracelet match the necklace I gave you a few months ago. I love you always and forever.