~*Chapter 48*~

~Remi~

Miami! Miami! It was every bit of the excitement I knew it would be. From the time we landed to the unsolicited fire drill that damn near made me break my neck as I went down 15 flights of stairs, it was definitely a night to remember. And now I am sitting in this airport at 4 am preparing to board a flight to London to be there for my girl when she does her first solo international hosting gig. Thanks, Teddy for coming with me on this flight. It's no problem it's my job Remi. I know but you have a family too. I do and they understand when I am working, I am working. They sound like my family! Well they understand. Yup they do I said looking out over the airport. I'd only been to Miami once and it was when I was much younger with my parents just before they divorced. Or wait before they told us they were getting a divorced. They said they wanted to take one last family vacation before they split up and mom went ghost.

So, Teddy you always been into security! You could say that. I could I said chuckling. I had a rough childhood Remi and I got into some trouble, when I got out my homeboys hooked me up with a job. Your homeboys! Mhm CJ and Vincent. Justice's brothers! Yeah, her brothers. Tell me something Teddy if you can, at their wedding they had an abundant amount of security why was that? You don't know! I don't know what? Tionne and Justice are like royalty here in Atlanta. There was no way they were going to have a wedding and not have protection from outside elements. Why would they need protection from outside elements I mumbled before looking at his wrist? He had the same tattoo that both Justice and Tionne had. And then it clicked to me what was going on. They're in a gang! Not anymore, it's been a long time since they've done anything criminal, he said chuckling a little bit. You really didn't know! No, I suspected something, but they never talk about it. And they never will, it's something that was in their past but that they will carry with them forever, especially Justice, Vincent, and CJ. Their father started the 88's and he died trying to get out of it. Marcus's father shot him. So, you do know the history. Not the history just a brief summary from what Justice told me. Hmph she's special. Who Justice? Yeah, she's special I mean could you tell from looking at her that she was a crack baby. No, I couldn't. Everyone in town knew not to fuck with her because either Vincent would come for you or later on Tionne would come for you and neither of the two you wanted to fuck with. Funny thing is she ain't really need either one of them she knew how to handle herself and anyone that came in her way. Justice is a character that's for sure. She is she's also very much dangerous as well everyone deserves a fresh start. They do I agree with you on that, but what about you and Lisa how long yall been kicking it?

Lisa and I've known each other since about 11th grade. But when did yall get together he said nodding? You know! Kind of hard to miss the fact that yall live together. Officially we got together senior year and were together for about a year and a half before I went away. College! Prison! What! The expression "I was in the wrong place at the wrong time" is very real. Dang they put you in the joint too. I had a 15-year sentence, because my public defender couldn't remember name and what the charge was for. How did you get out early? My mom, she's an attorney in Philadelphia. She found out that they railroaded me and got me out. Moms was looking out for you huh! She was I said nodding before hearing the call for our flight. That's us! Welp let go hop across the pond he said laughing.

Who knew a street dude knew so much about the world outside of his own hood? But I guess that's why they say you can't judge a book by its cover. He'd never imagine I was in prison, and I'd never imagined that he graduated high school as a straight A student. The flight was long, but it was worth it to see my baby. I slept most of the way there just so I would have the energy to be able to hang with her and whatever she wanted or needed me to do to get her ready for this show. Even though we each got our own teams we still manage each other's careers closely and make sure our images are being represented the correct way. Before we knew it, we were landing and getting our bags to go to the hotel. I never thought I'd see London. You have aspirations of coming to London. Hell, yeah I did I wanted to travel the world. Well stick with me and you will. Word you gon take me around the world? As long as I am going you going. That's dope Remi you giving, me an opportunity to live without judgement. You are making your own opportunities. I can't judge you for your past the same way you can't judge me, we all deserve second chances to live. You a real one! I try to be I said chuckling as we approached the check in desk.