~*Chapter 17 *~

~Remi~

Girl I am glad you finally decided to come out with us! I know I feel like I needed this. Well PJ only been telling you for what 8 months. I know I was preoccupied with something else that was going on in my life. Mhm ain't we all she said as we walked in to the club. It's been about 3 and half months since Lisa and I went out separate ways and I won't lie its been hard to not want to call her or pop up to her house but I wasn't just gonna sit there and take that shit either. I knew as much as she told me that she hadn't been with Andre, but she had. There was just a certain way I could tell by her body that she'd been having sex with him or someone that wasn't me. I tried to deny it and ignore it, but I couldn't anymore, especially when I saw that they were back together no less than a week after she left my house. Didn't wait a week before she was back up underneath his ass, I can't say I am surprised though, Lisa was never one to want to be alone. She always had a way of making sure she was taken care of it that makes sense.

Let's move on to where I am tonight! I finally gave in and let PJ talk me into going out to a club tonight. I was actually looking forward to getting a break from the house. Jade was forced to have the back surgery so I've been taken care of her, baby Ices, making sure Danielle stays focused on school, and making sure my dad is good too. The only people I haven't had to worry about is Shai and baby Que and that's because they been in Philly for a little bit vising family. She wants him to know both sides of his family and is making that effort to meet them half way on some things.

Damn it's packed in here I said looking at wall to wall folks in this club. I know girl, its always like this. So, I ain't miss nothing then, I said laughing. Nope you didn't she said laughing as we made our way over to the bar to get some drinks before going to where PJ and the rest of them was at. What up yall, look I brought Shonda said as we walked into the VIP area. Aw Shit you got Remi in the damn club, PJ said laughing. Yall make it sound like I don't do nothing. So, this ain't the first time you been to the club in Atlanta? Whatever I said shaking my head as I looked around the club. It was a lot of people in the club for a Sunday night. I mean damn I thought folks really only partied on Friday and Saturday nights, but I guess I was wrong. I'd had a couple of drinks but was slowing down because I wasn't about being drunk and trying to drive home. I won't lie I was having a good time till I saw a familiar face once that I hadn't seen in over 10 years.

Christopher Maurice Brown, I mumbled to myself looking at him across the VIP area. Christopher, he was definitely different and Lisa didn't like him. He played basketball at a neighboring high school back in Philly. Everyone thought he was a player, but he wasn't he was the shy type. Girl who you eye raping over there? Huh! Who you staring at? No one! Yeah right who is he she said looking over at the other VIP area. Ooo damn who is that she said spotting him. I don't know I just saw him I said trying not to bring attention to myself. He's fine girl you should go talk to him. Me go and talk to him, girl bye! Naw I am good, besides he has more than enough company I said looking at the women flirting with him. Girl please you gotta know how to work this, watch this she said getting up, she hiked up her dress a little bit before going over into the next VIP area. She stayed over there a few minutes before coming back over to our VIP area. Shonda what did you do? Nothing she said smirking at me before I seen Chris get up and come over our area. Hey cutie you left before I could get your name, he said approaching Shonda. Hmph I am not interested but she is she said nudging me. Oh my god Remi Lewis he said smiling at me. Christopher Brown! It's been years since I've seen you. Senior year of high school right! Yeah Senior year he said smirking at me. And that's how you do it Shonda whispered to me.

I never imagined that I'd run into him again, much less in a night club in Atlanta but I did and I can't say I wasn't happy about it either. We hung out the rest of the night till the club closed. It was really nice connecting to someone from the past that hadn't done me dirty. Well I'll rephrase that, Chris and I had a past and it was what Lisa said, he put his hands on me and I wasn't exactly willing to fight him back because I thought I need the attention he was giving me at a time when Lisa was caught up in her own drama. He never knew the extent of me and Lisa relationship and I liked that because I could hide who I was from him. So, can I get your number? My number! Yeah, I want to keep in contact with you now that we are in the same city you know. Hmph you think your girlfriend would like that I said noticing the girl giving me the stank eye from behind him. Girlfriend! No, I don't have girlfriend, she's just a friend. Just a friend huh? Yeah so can I get your number? Sure, I said giving him the two-way number. I'll be seeing you Ms. Remi! I am sure you will Mr. Brown I said turning to go to the car with Shonda.