~*Chapter 3*~

~Lisa~

Aye get it! I said watching folks dance around the house. We were having a kickback to celebrate Andre getting picked for the all-star team. Things were still good between us and we were even preparing for the baby. Well we hadn't told anyone other Tionne yet, because I didn't want to jinx it. I'd heard about to many people losing babies early on so we kept our mouths shut about it. Speaking of Tionne, I guess her and Dalvin were off again cause she brought Justice to the kick back and they definitely didn't look like they were fighting at all. Funny how they try to hide their relationship, and then be up in these parties acting like can't no one see that the two of them are in love. Their relationship reminds me so much of Remi and I. I still remember the day I met her, in the principal's office for fighting over a damn soda that got stuck in the machine. I remember that day because it was the day that my mother had yet another blow out and I ended up at my best friends' house crying.

Flashback

"What happen this time Li? They always fighting and I can't take it. I really can't! So, what you thinking about doing? Running away. Where? I don't know anywhere but here, I can't take this shit no more Todd I really can't. You can't let this get you Li you have to...Yo Todd! Oh you got company! It's cool come in here he said to the person. I wasn't paying attention I was too busy worrying about my own life. Who's this, she said in a thick accent. This is my home girl Lisa. Lisa this is my cousin Ol..It's Remi she said cutting him off. Nice to meet you I said shaking it off. You ok she said? For the first time I looked up to see this bronze beauty with these piercing green eyes. I couldn't stop looking at her, but I had to blink cause both of them were looking at me like I was crazy. I am fine I said mumbled looking away. You don't look fine, why you crying? Remi don't he said"

I remember her looking at me with this...I can't even describe the look, it felt different. After that night I didn't see her again, for a few weeks until my teacher asked me to tutor one of her students. I won't say that I am genius by any means but I was good at math and it got me out of doing the pointless work in class so I went for it. I sat in the library for almost an hour waiting on this person and I was pissed not only did I spend an hour there, but I knew my ass was in trouble for not coming home straight after school. Just as I was packing up to leave, she walks in with this mean scowl on her face like I fucked up her life. You the person I am supposed to be tutoring. Yeah sorry for being late the bitch gave me detention she said plopping down in the chair. Yeah sorry but I gotta go I said grabbing my bag. Wait you supposed to tutor me! Yeah, I am from 3:45 to 4:45 its almost 5 I gotta go. So, you gon do me like that! I am not doing you any way, like I said 3:45 to 4:45 an now I gotta go I said leaving the library. I wasn't 3 minutes out the door before she caught up to me. Hey! Hey I said! Look we got off on the wrong foot, I am sorry I was late, but I really need your help if I fail this class my dad is gonna get on my ass, she said stopping me.

That there was what we had in common. Our fathers were stern men! They had a lot in common but a lot they didn't for instance her father, while he was stern, he was caring and he took care of her and little sister. He was like my father in the military was accustom to moving around a lot. I'll never speak ill of my father but he definitely had flaws, some I could live with and some I couldn't.

I looked into her eyes, and I swear it was like I could see something, it was months before I realized what I saw in her eyes and what it meant to the two of us. Ok I'll help you but you can't stand me up like that again. Ok I promise I won't she said giving me a small smile. Where's your accent from I said breaking the ice for us to start walking again? The islands, my father Trinidadian and African American and my mother is mixed with Barbadian and Norwegian. Come again! Black and white she said laughing. How did they meet? In the military, my father was stationed over in Cuba and my mother was there on a sabbatical. Sabbatical I said laughing a little as we walked. Yeah, she's a free spirit she said not looking at me. Oh, I understand. So yall lived in the islands for a while? Just till I was 5 and then my mom decided that we should move to the states cause my father was always traveling and she wanted to be closer to her family that was here in Boston. Boston, don't think I've ever been there. Trust you don't want to go there, once my father got out the military, he convinced her to move here to Philadelphia. So yall have been here for a while? Yeah since I was about 10. What about you? Mm you know that military life, it's a bitch. I've been everywhere you can image. Really like where? Panama, Florida, Texas, and Germany for little bit. Wow you have been everywhere. Yup, but we always end up back in Philly. So, Philly is home base? Something like that I said as we walked and talked."