~*Chapter 55 pt. 1*~

~Danielle~

Damn we get all the way to this far in the book and now they decide to give me a speaking part in the book. It be your own family I swear. It's cool though because I've been busy doing my own thing and staying out of my sister's drama. And boy did she have a lot of it. But I think it made her who she is, a strong, resilient, woman who persevered through 5 years of wrongful imprisonment because of the color of her skin and uniqueness of her name. When I was younger, I always wondered why she got the name she did, and they just named me a plan ole regular name. Over time I realized why they did it, because she was special, she wasn't like any other person I'd ever met, she was giving without fault, and she loves hard. Sometimes way too hard for my liking but if she hadn't, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I wouldn't be 3 months from crossing the stage with my bachelor's degree, multiple job offers, and the understanding of forgiveness. My big sister taught me that, she taught me that everything isn't always as it seems and sometimes you have to let go of some shit to get ahead in life. Most importantly she taught that love always wins and that when you find that special one you never let them go.

What do you think of it? It's beautiful! I know she's going to love the speech, my mom said wiping a tear from her cheek as she handed me the paper back. Don't cry mom! I am not I am just; I am so proud of you girls I really am. We know you are. It still doesn't change the fact that I wasn't there for yall when yall needed me. Honestly it doesn't, but at the same time it taught us to be self-sufficient. I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, she said raising an eyebrow at me. I don't mean like that, I meant, Remi and I went through a lot mentally, physically, and socially and all those things have made us the women we are today. It's not that we didn't need you around, but you not being around made us stronger women. Mhm, she said nodding at me. I don't know if I am saying it right mom. No, I get what you're saying and it's a hard pill to swallow, but it's also probably true. I would have held yall back from experiencing a lot of stuff because of my upbringing. It was my upbringing that led me to leave yall that way, my parents were so controlling over me and my siblings that when we finally broke lose, we broke lose for real, I was gallivanting around the island having the time of my life not worried about nothing and my sisters well I won't let their skeletons out the closet.

Can I ask you a question? Sure! Why did you choose the time you did to come back for us? What do you mean? I mean, Remi was in jail for 5 years why didn't you come back sooner? For one I didn't know she was in jail for quite a good time and two I started to think that yall didn't need me. But now you know that was wrong, right? Of course, I do, but I felt condemned for leaving yall the way I did. Had I known she was in jail, I would have gotten her out the same day they arrested her. That's good I am glad you came back into our lives. I really wished that I wouldn't have been gone that long either. I think Lisa needs us to help her with some stuff for the wedding you wanna go with me? Sure, baby girl, let me grab Wynter and I'll meet you at the car she said smiling at me. Mom! Huh! I love you! Why I said that cause the water works started as soon as I said it. It was true I'd always loved my mom even if I had to do it in secret of my dad and sister because they held onto to tight to their grudge. Ok mom really you can't cry right now, or you'll stress Lisa out. I know I know... I just it's ok she said wiping her eyes before going to get Wynter.

Whew I let out a sigh looking at my phone to see that both Shai was calling me. Hey girl what's up? Where yall at? Still at the hotel but we about to leave to meet with Lisa in a few minutes. Ok good cause she called me, and Remi is snooping around the house for stuff. Of course, she is cause she's nosy and she wants to know what's going on. What do I do to keep her busy? Well for one she should be busy getting ready for her wedding if you know what I mean. No, I don't know what you mean. Take her to the spa and make sure she's ready for her wedding night. Her wed...ohhh! Wait shouldn't always be ready for that. Shai just take her out the house I said shaking my head. She gotta be at the hotel later anyway so just tire her out till Lisa needs her there. Alright Jade and I will find something to do. No Jade can't be there, she's got other stuff to do. What she got to do. She's helping with something else you just take her out, and I'll call you when we need you to bring her to the hotel. Fine I'll do it but yall better have me a bottle for tonight. I'll tell Lisa. Yeah, tell her she said before hanging up. Yall ready! Yes, ma'am we are mom said as we left the hotel to go and meet Lisa at the venue.