~*Chapter 42*~

~Remi~

After the dinner we all hung out and talked a little longer before Chill and Tron left. Which left the two couples, we were chilling when my phone started ringing. I glanced at it and instantly knew who it was. Now when I agreed to help Todd I didn't think he'd be that demanding of my time, but hell he's been in the damn place a week and half and has called me almost everyday for some reason or another. I looked at the number and muted it before Lisa could say something cause I know she noticed the calls cause she looked at me like are you gonna answer it. Babe we better get going we don't wanna wear out our welcome Ti said to Justice. True, we'll need their house sooner or later for babysitting she said laughing. Our door is always open to both of yall and the baby. That's good to know cause he'll be coming here as soon as he can. Nope not happening we need to keep him home for at least 6 months Ti said correcting Justice. You trying to stay home for 6 months straight with no sex! Ooop Remi and I said looking away. Ugh maybe you do have a point. Mhm that's what I thought. Yall are too much I said laughing. We are enough for another they said exchanging a kiss. As much as they bicker back and forth you could tell they love the hell out of one another. Bye yall! Bye we said showing them out.

So, you happy to see your best friend? I am, thank you for pulling it together. No problem she said nodding. What's wrong? I am not even trying to be on no negative energy or nothing but I feel like you hiding something from me. I knew it was only a matter of time before she caught on to my behavior. Nothing is going on Lisa, but I do need to ask you something? Go ahead she said looking at me. Before I say this, I want to go on the record stating that I didn't believe it and I never would. Ok! Todd contacted me a few weeks back trying to tell me some shit about you not having that abortion. Excuse me! I didn't believe him, because I know you wouldn't lie about that and I personally took care of you afterwards, but he was sticking to the story that you didn't and that you gave the baby up for adoption. If I'd done that, I think you of all people would have known. I know and I didn't and don't believe anything that he has to say. She rolled her eyes and looked off. I confronted him about everything from what he's been saying to the past and I took him a 60-day drug rehabilitation clinic, that's who is calling me. You paid for it she said looking at me? No I didn't, he checked in as indigent, I wasn't paying for that so he could just leave and waste my money. Why didn't you tell me? I honestly didn't think he'd call this freaking much. You should have told me Remi, instead of having me think you creepin. I am not creepin, trust me on that. I was just trying to be there for him, even though he screwed us over so many times before.

This is why I love you so much Remi she said coming over me, you and your big heart. He's my cousin and as much I'd love to just say fuck him, I can't do that, but I can make sure I maintain a health distance between us and him. I agree with that, there sure should be a health distance between us and him. To ease any thoughts in your mind, I've had 1 abortion and 2 miscarriages and that's it, trust me I am not wishing that hurt on anyone. Baby trust me I know the truth and I don't believe nothing he says either I said pecking her lips. Mmm you trying to go upstairs! Yeah, let me grab the chocolate sauce and the strawberries she said winking at me as she went up the stairs. Oh yeah I mumbled to myself hearing the phone vibrate again. I looked at the phone and saw it was him calling again. Hey Todd! Hey I am sorry to call you so late I just needed to talk. I only got a few minutes before I have to head into work, what's up? I just wanted to tell you something that I learned in counseling today. Ok I said grabbing the stuff out the fridge. I wanted to ask for your forgiveness, for what I said to you that day. What did you say Todd? You don't remember the day I found that Lisa chose you. Now that was something I'd block completely out of my memory because it was the day that I literally wanted to kill my cousin.

***FLASHBACK***

"What do you mean it's over! Todd you know what it was and it wasn't supposed to happen I am with Remi. Remi! Remi that's my damn cousin. I know that Todd, but I've been with her for years. She's a fucking dyke! Don't say that shit about her! it's the truth her own damn mama didn't even like her that's why she left." He didn't know I was listening to everything he was saying to her. I knew he was mad because she chose me, but I never thought he hated me that much.