CHAPTER ONE

Veronica, my maid, was standing next to me as I gently opened my eyes.

To test if I'm dreaming or not, I lightly touch and pinch my skin.

Then she exclaimed, "Lady Eloise, you're awake at last."

I questioned, "What happened?"

"Two days ago, you passed out in front of your father and brother; as a result, they called an ambulance right away."

"Did they?"

"Indeed, my lady."

"Why did I pass out?"

"When you started coughing up blood, the doctor assumed you had been poisoned during breakfast."

I recall this passage from the book, where the Ophelia State's head maid attempted to poison me.

"Have you identified the delinquent?"

"No, dear lady, we haven't"

A second chance to live as Eloise Ophelia was given to me. However, I was inattentive from the start and simply ignored this moment. I need to track down some proof that the head maid was attempting to kill me.

I got out of bed and changed out of my nightgown. Since it was noon and I had slept for the previous two days, I left my room and walked to the dining area.

I saw my brother, Elliote Ophelia, eating there without my father, the duke

He said without even glancing at me, "You're finally awake."

I sat down in front of him, Veronica made my lunch, and I ate with my brother. There was a tense mood between us as we ate.

"Where's dad, I haven't seen him anywhere," I enquired.

"He is currently discussing politics and other topics with the emperor in the imperial palace."

"I see."

Elliote does not despise Eloise in the first book; he was maintaining a "nice" relationship with her despite their sparse communication since the duke preferred Elliote than Eloise.

I suppose being a villain implies that people resent and loathe you.

After finishing his lunch, Elliote got up. He walked away silently. 

I groan

I find having a brother is not pleasant. Prior to my birth, I was the sole child.

Actually, Elliote's was exactly like that in my previous life as well.

"I'm done eating, I'd like to take a stroll in the garden, please.." I stated

"As you wish, dear lady,"

"Furthermore, Veronica, you are not required to follow me. I would want to take a break and be alone by myself because of my recent state of sorrow."

I walked outside after she said, "As you desire, my lady."

A stunning dahlia, my absolute favorite flower, caught my eye while I was wandering around. I was unaware that they existed in this multiverse; the original writer must've had a vivid imagination.

I sigh, thinking about all the things I was doing, like wasting the money I had and mistreating servants in our state. I had no idea that the ducal's garden contained such blooms.

"Identify yourself."

I got jolted when I heard a voice from behind me. When I turned around, I recognized the man whom Thalia had fallen for in the original tale.

Augustus Tybalt