CHAPTER FORTY

I was just drinking tea in the garden when I suddenly received a gift from the emperor. Tomorrow is his birthday and he want me there as one of his guest.

"Your schedule seem so tight, lady Eloise." Veronica said

"Yes, it is."

"I want to go to the capital right now. Stella, come with me."

"Yes, my lady." Stella said and bow down

I went back to my room and change my clothes, Stella and Veronica helped me with it.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror.  My face is too arrogant compared to Thalia.

Later on, Stella and I went inside the carriage.

I know Thalia is the heroine and all but she seem suspicious. She showed up like a mysterious character during the trial, and I feel really intense when she's around

"Lady Eloise, is something bothering you?" Stella asked "Your umbrella is about to break any moment."

I look at it and I realized I was clenching my fist so hard on the umbrella.

"Did you meet someone at my birthday?" I asked

"Yeah, I do, my lady, her name is Thalia."

"Does she seem suspicious to you or is it just me?"

"She does, my lady. The night before I'm about to head in the main kitchen, I look at her one more time, she suddenly crush the glass with her bare hand, and she seem upset about something. Also, I feel a odd aura around her."

"What kind of aura?"

"I don't know, my lady, but it feel so familiar."

I had my doubts and all, she seem lively when we talk though but I always feel death every minute I sense her presence.

who the heck are you, Thalia Ygritte? Are you really the heroine like the novel said? Or you're just a doppelganger pretending to be the female lead?