CHAPTER ELEVEN

Adelaide sobbed as she hugged me and exclaimed, "Lady Eloise!"

I gave her a pat on the back and said, "Hey, calm down. You can still teach me even when you're tutoring the prince."

She was still sobbing, "B-but, I truly miss the lady. I wanted to decline it, but they stated you're the one who recommend me."

I smiled at her, which made her cry even more. "This is for your promising future, Adelaide. I know you be successful one day. I have a lot of trust in you."

"I will always remember Lady Eloise's compassion to me since you are such a lovely person."

She accepted my handkerchief and used it to wipe away her tears after I gave it to her.

"You're extremely special to me, Adelaide; I'll deliver you a letter, I'll come up with something that will entertain the both of us. For the meantime, I would like you to focus on your profession; this is the perfect moment for you to showcase your ability as an educator."

She bows to me and says, "Thank you, Lady Eloise."

Veronica remarked, "Lady Adelaide, the carriage is waiting for you."

Adelaide gave me a final embrace.

I waved at Adelaide and said, "You can still teach me anytime."

When the door closes, I was there and by myself in a large room.

Yesterday was a very long day since the aristocrats who dared to sell humanity in the empire were put to death, including the count. And Sir Theodore's actions were particularly strange.

I began to exploit my position as the duke's daughter before and develop a money obsession. I see why the duke, Elliote, and everyone else despise me because I am the worse person alive.

I must get ready right now since Augustus will be training me shortly.

I changed into my training clothes and headed into the yard to meet him.

He is there wielding his sword and improving his swordsmanship.

I softly whispered, "Hey."

His blue eyes are very alluring when he looks at me.

Wait, what was I thinking?

Thalia was the one he chose. I can't act as a barrier in their romance!

I simultaneously smack my cheeks.

He inquires, "Are you alright?"

That was humiliating to do, darn it! I turn to face him.

"I apologized for arriving now rather than on the previous days." 

"It's okay, I understand," he responded, smiling at me.

I can see why Thalia chose him now; his soft grin is endearing and welcoming to see.

He said, "Here," and handed me the bow and arrow.

I drop the arrow the moment I touch it. This fear is the worst, I swear!

"I'm sorry, I'll go get it,"

"No, m'lady, it's okay, I'll pick it up for you," he said, picking up the arrow.

"The actual problem is that I avoided the session because I'm absolutely petrified of sharp objects."

He gave me a surprised look as he looked at me.

"I see, but it's great that you're finally overcoming your fear by mastering archery." He smile once again.

I grinned at this man because he seemed so optimistic.

Most likely, but I made up the archery alibi so the duke and my brother will not assume I was in love.

There is no going back at this point; I must learn it. Maybe someday I can employ these skills.

"I'm enthusiastic for our session," I stated before giving him a grin