CHAPTER FOUR

Evening has already arrived, so my father and brother and I are gathered together having supper. As usual, we do not even converse while we dine.

The duke recalled meeting the heir to the throne earlier "He was really quite charming, and many aristocrats from different families had offered him to marry their children in the future."

My brother queries, "Did you offer him to marry Eloise?"

Hearing that made me nearly choke myself.  Me? Tying the knot to the royal prince?  What type of logic is that?

The duke responded, "I wanted to, however Eloise is immature and requires a lot of politeness training; it will be humiliating if she encounters the prince with such horrible manners."

I rolled my eyes. You're referring about the other Eloise.

The duke asks a question, "So, Eloise, how was your lesson today with your educator? I pray you didn't have had any hissy fits like you often does."

He seems to be irritating me for no apparent reason.

I grinned at him and said, "Adelaide is such a fantastic educator; it was extremely wonderful."

"I see, so did Adelaide enjoy herself, as well?"

"She did, and she appears ecstatic," I responded.

"That's great,"

My brother gave me a puzzled glance before departing while I simply smirked at him.

After supper, Veronica brushed my hair after I changed into new clothes and went to bed. I immediately told her to leave the bedroom since she had already completed her duty.

I was exhausted as I stared at the ceiling. I'm still puzzled about why Augustus is here.

He is a superb swordsman, therefore the duke presumably recruited him to train the knights in order to advance their abilities.

I sigh and gradually shut my eyes. The same day tomorrow will indeed be long.

Once I woke up, the sunlight was shining brightly beyond my window, and Veronica was getting prepared to give me a bath.

I lift my arms gently to stretch and consider whether I'll go clothes shopping or not. I wore the same clothing every day, and now they look too tiny for me.

"We're going shopping today, Veronica, therefore you must discard every one of my clothes but keep one gown for me to use.

"I understand, lady Eloise."

I still have plenty of time until class, plus I'm dealing with somebody for business purposes.

"Veronica,"

"Yes, my lady?"

"What happened to the cup I drank that day?"

"You meant, my lady, that cup with the cyanide on it?"

"Precisely."

"The duke instructed me to toss it away, but I have not yet toss it away, my lady."

"Where is it as of now?"

"In the kitchenette, my lady."

"Please go get it for me."

"As requested, my lady."

After I clean myself in the tub, Veronica comes back with a bag which contains the cup. She reorganized my wardrobe and discarded my clothes.

I got ready and walked outdoors. Since it was so sunny and dazzling today, I put on a hat.

I stayed inside of the vehicle alongside Veronica till we reached in the city.

There are several people here today. Once I stepped out from the carriage, people all glanced towards me and began to murmur to each other.

I walked into the store to purchase some items, and Veronica assisted me in picking what to spend.

The proprietor and a few employees are trembling as if though I'm going to slaughter them.

I brought them the items that Veronica and I had chosen up and smiled.

"I wish to purchase these," I stated.

Owner and employees raced to box the clothes I bought, exclaiming, "O-On the way!"

I flip my fan to cool myself off, the reports about me are more damaging than I had anticipated.

"I-It'll be 3000 silver coins, m-my lady." the owner said

Veronica gave him the cash before we left. Veronica volunteers to stay outside while I visit a special location.

As soon as I reached the shop where most chemicals and herbs are marketed, the shopkeeper greeted me with "Welcome, Miss. What would you like to purchase?"

I smiled and said, "Hello, I don't have anything to purchase although I'd like to see if you're able to identify poisons from an empty cup."

"It should be that uncomplicated, lady, may I see the cup?"

I hand him the bag, and after giving it a quick glance, he adds, "Hmmm, This will take several days to identify the toxic substance out of this cup, however for you, madam, I'll do my utmost!"

"Oh goodness, thank you so much. How much is it? I'll pay you in advance."

"4 silver coins only."

I give him the cash and turn to exit when he calls me once more.

Who are you once again, Miss?

I smirk, assuming you won't inquire.

"I'm Eloise Ophelia, the daughter of Duke Gomez, and it's pleasant to meet you."

He was shocked, based on what I can guess, he had only heard rumours about me and had never anticipated encountering me in person.

The 'disrespectful, abusive, tyrannical, and illiterate' Eloise is no longe existed.