CHAPTER TWO

Augustus glared at me with a sword in his hands and asked, "Who are you?"

I assume my fear of death emanates from my first experience is making me aichmophobic.

"I-....I,"

The sword makes me nervous, and I tried to talk but I didn't want to die again!

"I'm Eloise Ophelia, the duke's daughter," I manage to say.

"Eloise? You're that girl? I believe I overheard one of the maids talking about how sick your demeanor is when I was on break."

I somehow got offended by his words

The maids in this state were the source of the rumors that have been spread regarding myself before, but I did not foresee Augustus appearing here. Why is he even in such place?

I do not however believe I ever met him during this time in the past, now since I thought about it.

Perhaps it was because I weren't paying attention to what I was doing around me? Or is this just a coincidence, I suppose?

"It is indeed accurate that my behavior seemed to be problematic before, and that's the reason individuals from this state are unwilling to serve me, well whatever you heard concerning myself, I do not really particularly care about it."

For that reason, I wish to alter it.

He simply stares intently at me; I could not really determine exactly what he was contemplating from his gaze.

I believe it is time for me to leave as I've nothing further to add. I have yet another session with my new educator to attend.

"Madame, wait,"

Now what? 

I once more turned around.

"Are you truly the girl the rumour claims you seem to be?"

"It depends upon the way you perceive me through your perspective," I said

I left him after saying that, it's time to meet my educator, I seemed to have five educators in total and all of them drifted away because they could not even handle my temperament, throwing temper tantrums all of the time.

After dressing, I went to the room where I attend my lecture. I stayed there while perusing some philosophical books.

Veronica opened the door, "Lady Eloise, your instructor is already here," she informed.

I requested, "Please allow her in."

"Yes, dear lady."

I put the book aside and stood up to formally greet her.

A lady soon enter the room, looking pale as she saw me

"I-It's great meeting you, lady Eloise." She carefully bows down as she approaches, visibly uncomfortable and apprehensive.

"It's lovely to actually meet you in person as my new educator," I remark as I bows.

"C-Call me Adelaide, m'lady, I'd prefer that."

I smiled at Adelaide and then said, "Alright, then."

Despite her being older than me, she appears to be youthful.

I went on to say, "Please enjoy the tea my personal maid brewed."

"I appreciate it, lady Eloise."

I requested Veronica to depart the room till my lecture ended after we finished our tea.

She attempted to smile, however it is noticeable that she feels nervous, presumably due to the allegations surrounding me. 

"S-Shall we begin our lesson now, lady Eloise?" she questioned.

I didn't respond for a second. My expression change after sipping the tea. I stared at her

"Adelaide, although I understand that you're reluctant into becoming my educator, try thinking of me as being one of your colleagues because we'll be spending months around each other."

She looked perplexed, then I smiled at her.

I am granted the opportunity of changing the way Eloise behave towards other people, in turn, I will simply begin with you.