CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVEN

Alphonse questioned, "Do you remember me now, Eloise?"

"I do, Alphonse," I merely stated.

"How did your emotions change as you met the kid whom you used to torment back then?"

"Am I supposed to feel anything?"

I can feel his rage right now, and moreover, I wasn't the one who put him through that agony.

"I pity you, Alphonse; your heart is filled with hatred, and a grudge from a long time ago still lingers; you don't know how to forget and forgive, do you?"

"Forget and forgive are for the weak! You have no idea how heavy the trauma you cruel people inflicted on me! Ya'll are a horrible and despicable human creature! I don't deserve to suffer at that age! I don't deserve to experience slavery, so don't give that nonsense like it's an easy thing to do!"

I remained quiet as all of the memories from the past resurfaced in the back of my head.

You weren't the sole individual who faced pain since childhood.

"You treated me like a like a piece of sh*t; therefore I'm going to seek my vengeance by murdering you!"

He began to assault me with his sword, but fortunately Theodore was there to deflect it.

"I'm not going to let you touch Lady Eloise," Theodore declared.

Alphonse roared at him, "Get out of my way!"

An vast chamber reverberates to the sound of two swords slashing.

Stella gently held my hand and said, "Lady Eloise, let's go,"

I was running alongside her when I heard Theodore grunt in agony.

He was laying on the ground with blood on his lips and a bruise on his cheek when I turned around to look at him.

Severus comes closer to me and says, "Go, and refrain from turning around. Theo and I will catch up to you guys."

"Master, come this way!" Gabriel directed us to a window.

"Are we going to jump?" I request confirmation.

"We're going to jump," they both concurred.

All of a sudden, I noticed Alphonse snap his finger, and his guards became attentive but maneuvered like complete puppets.

Alphonse yelled, "Get her!"

His guards turned their heads in unison and sprinted in our direction.

"Oh my goodness! Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Stella's voice trembled as she realized that those soldiers did not have eyeballs.

"Darn it!" I cursed.

Gabriel was the first to leap through the window and turn into his lion form.

Stella stated, "You have to get away first, Lady Eloise, Gabriel will catch you and refrain you from hitting the ground."

"What about you?"

"Don't be concerned about me; now leave, m'lady; there won't be enough time!"

I gazed down at Gabriel for a moment before shutting my eyes. I leapt out the window without hesitation and landed on Gabriel's back.

"Thank you," I said as I climbed off his back.

The fact that I leaped from the third level still shocks me. It's unbelievable how tall this structure is.

Stella still hasn't jumped, as far as I can tell.

Gabriel changed into his human form.

"I'm concerned about them,"

"They'll be fine, lady Eloise; Stella is an outstanding combatant, Theodore is a high-ranking knight, and Severus excels at swordsmanship; you have nothing to feel anxious about."

I sighed in satisfaction after hearing those, but then, we heard voices hollering behind us.

"There they are, get 'em and chop off their heads!"

"Sh*t, let's get outta here!" Gabriel said as he seized my hand.

"They're escaping!"

"Don't allow them to flee the empire!"

"Decapitate them!"

I can feel that they're hunting us.

"My bow and arrows!" I stated, "I have to get it!"

"On it!"

We're going back to the place where we previously rested. When we got there, I grabbed my weapons right away.

I'll release all five of these arrows simultaneously. I only need to replenish Eloise's mana.

I breathed deeply while squinting my eyes. I aimed the arrow towards the people who were chasing us.

These five arrows should be plenty to take down those guards if I am able to retrieve Eloise's mana.

A tremendous energy is slowly passing through my hands.

"You're destined to perish!"

I launched the arrows and unleashed the force, and I was astonished when I witnessed those people who were after us slowly scorch and disintegrate. The arrows struck them!

After that, I became lightheaded since I had not yet mastered regulating Eloise's mana.

"Master, are you all right?" Gabriel asks.

"I'm fine," I merely responded.

"Lady Eloise, where have you gone?"

Not too far from us, we overheard a voice.

"Who's that?" I wonder.

"It smells familiar," he states while taking a sniff at it.

"Lady Eloise!"

"Could it be them?" I ask again.

"No, Prince Severus and Theodore don't sound like that," Gabriel affirms before sniffing the air again.

He froze, "Raiden?"