CHAPTER TWELVE

Three days have passed since Augustus began instructing me in archery, and even though our class is over, I have done my best to practice.

I previously got a letter from Adelaide in which she expressed her struggle to feel comfortable at the royal palace on the first day, but it appears that she was positive regarding the upbeat tone of her message.

Good for her; after this, I'll write back to her.

I attempted to aim the target, and now I'm able to aim towards the middle.

I feel so thrilled that I'd like to leap with joy.

My practice has paid off as I attempted once more and got a bullseye.

Veronica stated, "My lady, your brother wants to talk to you."

"Where is he? Bring him here," I replied, and she nodded.

I drop the bow down and wipe my perspiration off; strangely I feel invigorated.

"Eloise,"

I glanced and spotted my brother.

"Please state your intention, brother."

"Tomorrow evening is the royal prince's birthday, and there will be a celebration." He

"And?"

"Dad wants us to wear something exquisite to the banquet since the emperor invited us,"

"Oh, I see. I'll go shopping for garments tomorrow. I also have business in the capital."

"What's that?"

"It has to do with who poisoned me a few days ago."

"You currently have any leads?"

"I'm heading to the city tomorrow because I'm expecting for it, but I haven't heard anything regarding the cup with the toxin on it."

"I see, however do you know who the perpetrator is?"

"I do,"

"Who?"

"I'm unable to mention their identity at this time since I lack the crucial piece of information, the proof."

"I see,"

"I should depart now because I still need to change my clothes."

After walking around, I reached my room.

Why do I feel that each day is emotionally draining?

After taking a bath, I put on my pajamas.

I'm resting in my bed.

How long must I wait before encountering Thalia? What will happen if I run into her?

Augustus, Raiden, and Theodore are all characters I encounter throughout the narrative.

The heir to the throne and the half-blood creature are the remaining two.

Since I was capable of altering my fate, I am no longer the villain as people assume because being a villain usually entails making people's life miserable.

Although this is undoubtedly distinct from the original tale, I'll be pleased if I survive to see the ending.