CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIX

I froze as I heard his confession. I ain't used to it, and I know the novel Eloise felt the same way and would probably feel cringe right now. I mean, she isn't the romantic type of character in the novel because she's particularly the villain.

Alphonse looks so sincere as he stared directly to my eyes.

He's literally willing to risk his image just to help us find the certain mage in this country

"I'm speechless.." I uttered

He simply giggled

"I appreciate your offer, your highness, however, I fear that you'll regret lending me your hand."

"I wouldn't regret such thing, m'lady. Meeting you was indeed my goal, but now that I've met you, stand next to you, and even converse with you, I strived to attain more. It is by assisting you in many ways possible.."

I see.

But, how could I fully trust you?

How would I know that this isn't a scheme to lure and distract us?

How could I know that your words aren't sugar-coated?

An unknown novel character risking his life for a novel's villain?

Don't make me laugh.

I know I'm completely different from the original Eloise  but I won't let you deceive me using those words

I won't let myself fall into your hands

I smirks at him, "Aw, how sweet. But, aren't these yours?"

I took out a diary that Stella took earlier before the banquet.

He was froze after he saw his diary in my hands

"I've already read this, and I must say, it's all fcking ridiculous."

"Where did you get that?" He refrain himself from yelling at me. His voice was trembling and his fist is already clenching

I grin at him, "I don't know, does it matter?"

He didn't respond

"I find it a bit amusing how you acted so friendly and showed how much you admire me. It's truly an alternative from what you expressed in your book."

"Give it back." He ordered

I laughed at him, "What happened to you now? You confessed your love to me earlier and now, why are you angry? Oh my, is it because I read your private book? Or is it because I found out that you are planning to bring me to my deathbed?"

"Bastard!" Severus wanted to attack Alphonse however Theodore stopped him

Alphonse grin, "You caught me. That's what I expect to a villain. But you've changed, a lot."

He suddenly snap his finger and most of his guest collapse on the floor

What's going on?

Alphonse, Theodore, Stella, Severus, Gabriel and I remains conscious

"I've always thought that you're this dumb and wicked wench, but I guess, I'm wrong." Alphonse stated

So wrong.

"You've change. By that I mean, you soften your heart for some people, Eloise. You pity people nowadays, how disappointing. Rescuing a not related child is a laughable behavior, y'know that?"

"I am not a cold blooded monster." I stated

"No, Eloise, you used to be a cold blooded monster."

"You are driven by greed and envy that you let innocent residents, including children, suffer just to get what you want. And now, you're sacrificing yourself just to save a child?" He added

"I don't know who you are and what you are in my life."

"Of course, Eloise. I know, I know. I mean, who would remember a slave?"

Slave?

"You heard it right, Eloise. I was once a slave in the ducal's state."

I read this part before that a king from Eastern Empire had a complex situation with the Northern Empire. A man who manage a human trafficking business kidnapped a kid and sold it. Some noble from Western Empire bought him and luckily that kid escaped from the cruelty. However, it's just a matter of time that he was found again lying near the ducal's state. A kid named Eloise found him. As she recognized the chain in his ankles, she told her father that she wanted a slave serving her inside the ducal's state. Her father let her do what she wants and eventually welcome the kid in their home. Eloise spits her saliva on him and sometimes whipped the poor kid in his chamber, but whenever the kid cries in pain from the whip, Eloise would feel guilty and would instantly left the chamber in just a second. One day, that kid disappeared from the chamber and at that moment, Eloise thought she killed him.